Manager Business Systems (Product Lifecycle Management)
Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
MANAGER BUSINESS SYSTEMS (PRODUCT LIFECYCLE MANAGEMENT)
Irving Shipbuilding Inc., located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense.
This position will be responsible for the effective leadership and management of business transformation change to support Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) implementation. The Manager Business Systems will be responsible for creating and implementing change management strategies and plans that maximizes employee adoption and usage and minimize resistance. This position will report to the Business Architect and will be responsible for:
- Providing effective leadership and management of the business transformation change to support Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) implementation at Irving Shipbuilding Inc.
- Manage, lead customer, supplier engagements in the area of system configurations, data migration, system integration, data exchange, business intelligence and reporting involving PTC's Windchill.
- Ensuring projects meet objectives on time and on budget
- Business level ownership of Product Lifecycle Management capability, streamlining business requirements and ensuring PLM solutions remain COTS.
- Business level ownership of Engineering, Supply Chain and Planning processes that utilize PLM toolset.
- Driving continuous business improvement.
- Developing plans, processes and procedures as required in support of program requirements.
- Supporting training plan development, identification of training requirements and roll out of training.
- Supporting JDI IT Technical Project Managers responsible for delivering and implementing technical PLM solutions to business problems.
- Coordinating the scheduling, planning and conduct of assigned integration activities in support of program milestones.
- Establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with internal (Shipyard, Fleetway, CSC Program personnel) and external stakeholders (subcontractors and Canadian government representatives).
- Supporting a culture of teamwork, enthusiasm and a proactive nature within the CSC Program Actively seek opportunities to influence partner, customer and internal stakeholders.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree or other tertiary qualifications in a discipline of Business or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years' experience enabling organizations plan, implement and communicate change. Experience in the following areas is required:
- Business Process change
- IT industry experience (MRP or major Business change preferred)
- Strong MS Office skills
- Excellent communication skills - listening, written and oral
- Strong communication skills with internal (Shipyard, Fleetway, CSC Program personnel) and external stakeholders (subcontractors and Canadian government representatives)
- Ability to plan and prioritize work
- Engineering and/or Project Management on large and complex defense engineering projects
- Coordination with a complex organization
- Extensive knowledge of a shipyard production environment
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary commensurate with the experience of the Candidate and benefits package including but not limited to medical, dental and vision.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.