Nackawic, NB, Canada Req #96
Wednesday, August 7, 2019
AV Group NB Inc. is an exciting and innovative company operating in the unique global market of viscose fibre. Located in Nackawic, New Brunswick, our pulp mill finds itself in a picturesque area of the Saint John River, a short drive between Fredericton and Woodstock. As part of the Aditya Birla Group, our role is to produce specialty pulp products (dissolving grade pulp) for the group's textile industry. The Nackawic Mill has an annual production of 175,000 tons; an onsite integrated Chemical Plant and Chip Plant.
Aditya Birla Group is a US $44.3 billion corporation; anchored by an extraordinary force of over 120,000 employees belonging to 42 nationalities, operating in 34 countries. Aditya Birla was ranked fourth globally and first in the Asia-Pacific region, in the "top companies for leaders" study. It is also ranked first in the production of viscose staple fibre textiles worldwide.
AV Group NB Inc. is currently recruiting for the following position: Lab Supervisor
Reporting to the Lab Manager, the Lab Supervisor will lead a dynamic team consisting of Day workers and Shift positions. As a member of the production team, the Lab Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the teams have the required main laboratory test results needed to efficiently operate the mill. This is done through the supervision of the Main Technical Lab (Analytical/Viscosity Testers and Technologists) and management of the Laboratory QA/QC program.
- Supervise and direct AVN main lab (5 Day Workers and 2 Shift Positions) to meet all departmental and unit objectives
- Ensure routine testing is carried out accurately and on time
- Develop, implement and maintain test methods that meet requirements for repeatability and accuracy
- Train technicians in methods and procedures and ensure compliance to policy and regulations
- Manage performance of employees and schedule and approve employee time
- Administer Labour Agreement supporting company objectives in engagement, cost and flexibility including handling first step grievances
- Promote and ensure safety in the workplace by coaching, mentoring and ensuring compliance with existing policies
- Support implementation and maintenance of quality and environmental systems
- Support mill operation through ad hoc testing and project support
- Cost Management - assist with preparation and maintain department budget and propose projects to increase efficiency and lower cost
- Lead daily management board meetings
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering or Chemical Engineering Technology Diploma
- Previous experience in a Kraft pulp mill would be considered an asset
- Able to lead change and continuous improvement
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility, adaptability to changing priorities
- Strong Leadership and communication skills
- Performance management experience
- Experience working in a unionized environment considered an asset
- Fluency in written and verbal English language is required
Why AV Group NB Inc.?
With AV Group NB Inc. you will become a part of a worldwide global company that understands the value of their employees. You will be part of a team that is built on strong values and work ethics. AV Group offers challenges in a wide range of disciplines and opportunities for professional growth, a competitive salary, competitive benefits package and a variety of training & development programs to help you develop the skills you need to build a successful career.
If you believe you are a good fit for a fast-paced, challenging work environment, please submit your application to our Human Resources Department before August 16 th , 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- Nackawic, NB, Canada