Process Management Specialist
Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
PROCESS MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
Irving Shipbuilding is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
Reporting to the Process Management Lead you will be responsible for maintaining and implementing improvements to the process management system.
This is a full time, permanent staff role based in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with the Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC) Program Team to develop & maintain the Process Classification Framework (List of processes) that will be used to conduct business in the Program;
- Demonstrate expert competence in process management techniques, best practices & strategy including the use of a Business Management Model (BMM);
- Coach members from various levels of the organization to standardize and improve processes;
- Facilitate process mapping sessions with program subject matter experts;
- Manage and maintain database of processes through-out the lifecycle of process development;
- Liaise & communicate process development activity with process owners from other programs and departments including Production, Procurement, Planning, Engineering, Security, Health and Safety and/or Human Resources personnel;
- Conduct process audits in order to evaluate the quality of submitted Documentation.
Qualifications - Knowledge & Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Business or Engineering
- 5-8 years of relevant experience working in a manufacturing or knowledge worker environment;
- Demonstrated experience in Lean / Process Management / Six Sigma projects and implementation
- Experience with Shipbuilding or knowledge working with a Government or Naval customer base would be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 compliance standards would be considered an asset;
- Experience writing Process Maps, Work Instructions and Procedures;
- Experience facilitating groups of subject matter experts in the development of processes;
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills;
- Proven ability to achieve high performance levels in a complex fast moving environment;
- Ability to manage through teamwork and influence non-direct reports;
- Ability to work flexible hours and overtime as required.
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.