Bus Operator (“Extra Board”)
(DESCRIPTION: Extra Board Bus Operators are unionized members of the ATU Local 1290 and ONLY Extra Board Bus Operators are eligible to become permanent Bus Operators as per the ATU Local 1290 Collective Agreement. The purpose of this competition is to create a pool of qualified applicants for vacancies within Codiac Transpo.)
"Moncton is a vibrant and culturally rich community. It is the only officially bilingual city in Canada, as well as one of the best places in Canada to do business. Moncton is also known as the economic, sports, tourism and entertainment hub of Atlantic Canada. City of Moncton employees strive to maintain its reputation as one of the best places in Canada to live, study, work and play."
The City of Moncton is currently accepting applications for the position of Extra Board Bus Operator with Codiac Transpo. Codiac Transpo provides public transit for Moncton, Dieppe and Riverview.
Hours: Extra Board Bus Operators are required to work varied shifts and will be guaranteed 30 hours per week.
This position reports directly to the Director of Operations.
The successful candidate must have the following minimum qualifications:
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Must have and maintain a valid NB Class 1 or 2 license with a minimum of seven (7) years driving experience or a valid NB Class 5 license with a minimum of seven (7) years driving experience.
- Bus operating experience is an asset
- A clean driving abstract is required.
- Must have demonstrated customer service skills.
- Ability to complete forms and reports.
- English essential. The ability to communicate in the French language is required at the Basic 1+ (Level 1+) as per the New Brunswick language proficiency standards. For more information on New Brunswick Oral Proficiency Ratings, please visit the link below OR contact Human Resources Services (http://www2.gnb.ca/content/gnb/en/departments/post-secondary_education_training_and_labour/Skills/content/AdultLearningAndEssentialSkills/oral_proficiencyratingscale.html)
For Individuals with a Class 5 license, there is additional training which involves:
- Independent study
- Written/Vision test
- Air Brake test
- Three week training period in preparation for road test on top of regular transit training.
Candidates that are selected for face-to-face interviews will be required to bring the following to the interview:
- Confirmation of high school graduation or equivalency.
- Driver's abstract
MISSION: Work together to grow our economy and improve the quality of life for all citizens.
VISION: Create a city that inspires.
CORE ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIORS: Accountability, professionalism, respect and excellence
The City offers an attractive benefits and salary package in keeping with ATU Local 1290 Collective Agreement.
The City of Moncton is an equal opportunity employer. The Applicant must submit their application through the online system that can be found at: www.moncton.ca/employment or obtain an application in Human Resources at City Hall. To obtain more information, please contact Human Resources at (506) 877-7707.
CLOSING DATE: NOON - SEPTEMBER 30, 2019
(The City of Moncton thanks all applicants for their interest; however,
only those scheduled for interviews will be contacted)