Registered Nurse Class D (RNCD)
Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
ZONE: Zone 6 - Acadie-Bathurst
FACILITY: Enfant-Jésus RHSJ† Hosptial - Caraquet
CLASSIFICATION: Registered Nurse Class D (RNCD)
STATUS: Temporary full-time (Approximately 1 year)
ANTICIPATED START DATE: September 16, 2019
HOURS OF WORK:
8 and/or 12 hour shifts - Rotation
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
The incumbent performs advanced nursing practice in a variety of health care settings. The work involves conducting comprehensive health assessments of patients; collaborating with other health care professionals as needed in the development of care plans; diagnosing conditions; prescribing medications, tests and treatments; evaluating treatments; and providing necessary follow-up care. All of these responsibilities are performed within the scope of practice for Nurse Practitioners in primary health care. Employees of this class provide a variety of direct and indirect patient/client services in the areas of disease and injury prevention and of curative, rehabilitative and supportive care. They participate in nursing and multidisciplinary rounds where appropriate; organize and conduct wellness screening and clinics; act as resource persons, mentors, and preceptors; and participate in advanced nursing and multidisciplinary health planning initiatives and research.
- BScN with successful completion of a postgraduate nurse practitioner program;
- Registration as a Nurse Practitioner with the Nurses Association of New Brunswick;
- Nurse Practioner experience an asset;
- Current CPR certificate;
- Ability to apply the theoretical knowledge, good judgment, and critical thinking skills of the Nurse Practitioner;
- Excellent clinical judgment and demonstrated sense of initiative;
- Good knowledge of primary health care concepts;
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including good interpersonal and group communication skills;
- Demonstrated effective time management and problem-solving skills;
- Teaching skills as evidenced by the ability to impart knowledge to others;
- Computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Possible use of own vehicle as required;
- Possession of a valid driver's licence and good driving record;
- Willingness to travel within the territory of the zone 6;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
1. Availability for the entire duration of the assignment.
2. As part of the selection process, the above-mentioned qualifications may be verified through oral,written or practical tests.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment