Avionics Aircraft Technician/Aircraft Maintenance Engineer “E”
Job Title: Avionics Aircraft Technician/Aircraft Maintenance Engineer "E"
Job Posting #: 4967
Department: CSH - MOB COMOX
Department #: 3610
Reports To: Crew Chief/ Production Supervisor
Date Posted: August 1, 2019
Location: Comox, BC
Position Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
This position performs first and second line aircraft maintenance on the Cormorant Helicopter in support of our Canadian Search and Rescue operations. Duties include servicing, inspection, removal, cleaning, repair, installation, adjustment, testing and certification (release) of aircraft mechanical, structural and electrical systems and components and ground support equipment.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Perform First and Second Level maintenance on aircraft instruments, avionics and electrical systems and components. This will include, but not be limited to, the servicing, inspection, removal, cleaning, repair, installation, adjustment, testing and certification (release) of aircraft instruments, avionics and electrical systems and components and ground support equipment.
- Ramp duties will include, but not be limited to, pre/post flight inspection and support, elementary tasks, marshalling, parking, towing, and fuelling/defueling and installation/removal of required mission equipment and crash and salvage response.
- Review and respond to built-in-test (BITE) results, and resolves all defects/unserviceability on avionics systems, including disassembly, replacement and reassembly, and related systems support such as disturbed systems checks and avionics functional checks
- Travel and work in support of mobile repair parties.
- Attend training for trade and personnel development and for qualification/certification purposes.
- Sweep and clean hangar, shop, stores and office areas, remove all debris accumulated by tasks performed and maintain a clean, safe work area.
- Adhere to policies, procedures and directives established by the Company.
- Perform other tasks as may be required from time to time.
- Graduate of a recognized aircraft maintenance course or apprenticeship program and hold a current Aircraft Maintenance Engineers "E" license or be qualified as an aircraft avionics technician within the Canadian Armed Forces or equivalent commercial experience.
- Previous experience in helicopter maintenance is an asset.
- Thorough knowledge of aircraft systems, including, but not limited to, power plants, flight controls, dynamic systems, hydraulics, pneumatics, environmental, basic structures and power generation and distribution systems.
- Knowledge of corrosion control techniques.
- Capable of reading and interpreting technical documentation such as maintenance manuals, work packages, drawings, blueprints and operating procedures.
- Ability to use standard computer programs and such specialized ones as may be necessary in the performances of the duties.
- Valid BC Class 5 Drivers License, able to drive vehicles, tow tractors and support vehicles.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies. Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean & 6S activities in your area.
- Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian government security clearances.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply on-line at www.impgroup.com.
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self identify on either your cover letter or resume.