Manager, Business Intelligence (03-2013)
We're on a mission to ensure that all our players have fun, dream big and play responsibly one player experience at a time and we're looking for team members who share that same passion. Our culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our customers, our people, and our communities. If this sounds like you this may be a perfect fit. Atlantic Lottery (AL) is seeking a Manager, Business Intelligence, based in Moncton, NB.
Reporting to the VP, Finance & Corporate Services as the Manager, Business Intelligence ("BI") you are responsible for leading a team accountable for the development and maintenance of standard corporate reports, dashboards, and self-serve data visualization tools encompassing a variety of data sources to deliver sustainable, reliable, and timely business information to the organization. In collaboration with the Enterprise Data Solutions and Insights teams, the BI team is also responsible for data interpretation, analytics, and effective presentation of information to support corporate decision-making.
- Achieve optimal team performance by creating a culture of coaching through consistent feedback and mentoring.
- Identify strengths and development needs, clarify milestones or measures of success, and create accountability for achieving established goals.
- Develop and execute the BI business plan (including toolsets and resourcing) to move the organization from current state to future state as defined by the Executive Team.
- In collaboration with the Enterprise Data Solutions team, effectively develop and manage the analytics and BI platform.
- Keep abreast of industry trends, toolsets and emerging practices/technologies in the field of BI.
- Deliver financial and other quantitative information to end users through reports, dashboards and scorecards, encompassing both strategic and operational data sources and use cases.
- Translate business problems into data and analytics requirements to deliver solutions that meet business needs through a combination of self-serve information and visualizations, structured reporting and ad hoc analysis.
What we can expect from you:
- Ability to translate strategic direction or concepts into tactical implementation plans that are communicated effectively to the team;
- Experience developing and delivering end-user training plans;
- Strong analytic and information organization / presentation skills;
- Proven collaboration and negotiation skills;
- Strong ability to influence and gain support and adoption from leaders across the enterprise;
- Strong business acumen with an aptitude for strategic, critical and analytical thinking;
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written and;
- A strong level of passion and willingness to be awesome!
Who's a good fit for this team:
- Ability to multi-task, problem-solve, prioritize and competently handle a variety of activities with a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced, customer-driven environment;
- Desire to build exceptional client experiences, and is passionate and curious to help clients meet their needs and solve their concerns;
- Proven ability to lead a team to deliver on commitments;
- A commitment to continuously learn and develop;
- A self-starter and an independent thinker who follows-up on responsibilities in a timely manner while also a strong team player;
- Your decisions are always made with the player in mind;
- You can adapt to change in a nimble & agile fashion;
- You thrive in an ambiguous environment where your knowledge, skills & abilities can materially & positively impact the organization and;
- You are a natural leader.
You should apply if you have the following:
- 3+ years' leadership experience gained through leading direct reports and/or project teams;
- 5+ years' implementing and/or managing BI applications across multiple high volume data sources and varied data types with integration direct to source databases and/or data warehouses;
- Experience developing data and reporting standards, metrics and KPIs from concept to implementation and ultimately end-user adoption and;
- Expertise in current BI applications and supporting technologies.
Awesome if you had:
- Expertise in Oracle OBIEE;
- Good knowledge of SQL including creating queries and views;
- Experience in lottery and/or gaming industry.
Work With Us
What you can expect from us:
Our Mission is to offer great gaming experiences for the benefit of all Atlantic Canadians. Everyone at Atlantic Lottery embraces our Core Values of Integrity & Social Responsibility.
Our Operating Principles help guide us to achieve our Vision;
- Customers lead our priorities;
- Always think differently;
- Be fast and nimble;
- We are all leaders and;
- Team matters.
We are proud, gritty, community-minded, and punch above our weight. Being Atlantic Canadian means that we work hard and we know how to have fun. It also means that we genuinely care for each other as co-workers, neighbours, and friends.
We provide a comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits/pension and competitive compensation with plenty of training.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
What Is Next?
- Love what you see so far? For the best chance to hear from us, apply before August 26, 2019.
- Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers page at www.alc.ca !
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks prior to employment.