Business Development Manager, Individual Insurance and Investment
As the Business Development Manager, Individual Insurance and Investment you have the mandate to reach sales targets for individual insurance and investment products through your own operations as well as those of brokers with whom you have strong business relationships. With a strong customer focus, you are accountable for the results of your line of business in your area and you use effective prospecting techniques to acquire more customers. In addition to your in-depth knowledge of individual insurance and investment products, you are a highly enthusiastic, dynamic person with strong problem-solving skills. You play a key role in the sales and marketing team and you implement innovative solutions to achieve your goals.
- Achieve or exceed goals on sales calls, appointments, meetings, and sales targets
- Implement a long-term sales development strategy for the line of business
- Maintain and develop relationships with our distributors, who are our MGAs and our advisors
- Implement a sales and retention strategy with our distributors. This strategy will include appointments to discuss their needs, make presentations to advisors, etc.
- Produce weekly sales reports
- Proactively contact existing advisors to educate them about individual insurance and investment products at Assumption Life and how they could use the product line to grow their business.
- Find new advisors and distribution opportunities
- Provide support to advisors in terms of business development and to add value to our distribution networks
- Participate in promotional events as an ambassador of Assumption Life
- University or college diploma in administration or in a related discipline
- Minimum of five to seven years of experience in the field of financial services and insurance
- Experience in selling financial and insurance products
- Strong computer skills (MS Office)
- Superior skills in oral and written communication in English
- Knowledge of Mandarin and / or Cantonese is strong asset
- Sales, negotiation and networking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- Ability to develop and facilitate presentations and workshops
- Creativity and resourcefulness to identify new opportunities and establish rapid growth
- Organizational, time management and problem solving skills
- Experience with social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, WeChat, YouTube, etc.) considered an asset
- LLQP, CFP, CLU or other industry designations would be assets
Work With Us
What we offer you:
- Training and development opportunities
- A comprehensive package of benefits including a competitive salary, bonus, pension and benefits
- A paid volunteer day
- Paid leave to meet your various personal and family needs
- An opportunity to work from home
The selected candidate must be willing to travel, have a valid driver's licence and a vehicle. He or she must also be willing to work in a home office environment.
If this challenge fits your career aspirations and you wish to play a key role in the challenging development of our business, submit your application by August 25, 2019.
The remuneration is composed of a base salary plus a variable compensation based on sales
Job Type: Regular, full-time