OSCO Construction Group in Saint John, NB
Incorporated in 1955, Ocean Steel has grown to become one of the largest steel fabricators in Eastern Canada and one of the most respected steel suppliers on the Eastern Seaboard. It services several markets, including all of Canada, the Eastern United States, Bermuda and the Caribbean. Ocean designs, fabricates and erects structural steel for buildings and bridges. It also manufactures and installs platework, such as breechings, stacks, ducts, penstocks, process & storage tanks and custom process-equipment. Ocean Steel has two, modern New Brunswick-based plants in Saint John and in Fredericton. We currently have sales offices in Saint John, New Brunswick, Burlington, Massachusetts and Conklin, New York.
- Administration, maintenance and development of quality manuals for steel, rebar and erection divisions, including corrective action request process
- Work closely with customer quality representatives
- Development of Project Specific Inspections and Test Plans (ITPs)
- Management of audits for all divisions
- Organize and Chair both annual and quarterly meetings of the quality management system
- Audits and inspection of suppliers and subcontractors
- Perform in-plant or jobsite weld, paint, bolt and dimensional inspections for steel and erection divisions when required
- Review of steel and erection division inspection reports for accuracy and completeness
- Administer and supervise development and issuance of turnover packages
- Administration and maintenance of Ocean Steel Approved Vendors List
- Preparation of monthly status reports for quality action items
- Conduct quality orientations for new sector employees
Candidates who possess all of the following requirements are preferred, however individuals who have some (but not all) are highly encouraged to apply.
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- Previous experience in a quality role/department
- Previous work experience in an industrial environment
- CWB Level 2
- NACE CIP Level 1
- Strong initiative and ability to execute quality-critical tasks with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels of an organization
- Ability to work in a deadline driven, demanding work environment
As a member of the OSCO Construction Group, Ocean Steel and Construction Limited?offers a comprehensive compensation package including health and dental coverage, life insurance, RRSP and tax-free savings account options. Additionally, we offer educational bursaries to children of employees, health & wellness programming, celebratory events and employee sport team sponsorships. Come build with us!
The origins of the OSCO Construction Group go back to 1955 when Ocean Steel & Construction Ltd. was founded in Saint John, New Brunswick. Since that time, the OSCO Construction Group has grown to encompass four main operating sectors: Steel, Concrete, Construction and Corporate. Within these sectors lie an ever-expanding number of companies and divisions, serving a growing market area and employing over one thousand employees.
The OSCO Construction Group prides itself not just in embracing change, but in leading it. We drive this change by maintaining our vision to be fast, be global and be connected. All of our sectors are committed to: conducting business with integrity and fairness; continuous education & training of our employees; improving our processes; focusing on our customers' needs; and, providing top quality products & services.