RST Industries Limited and Sunbury Transport Limited in Saint John, NB
RST Industries and Sunbury Transport Limited are innovative and highly responsive transportation solution companies. Specializing in tank operations, over-dimensional flatbed and cross border shipments, we are always ready to tackle the biggest challenge and provide the best value. At RST and Sunbury we recognize the importance of a strong team. We look for people who want to lead, succeed and contribute to our organization.
We are currently seeking a Chemical Handler that would be based in Saint John, NB.
- Education Required: Associate's Degree
- Years of Experience Required:
- 2-5 years related experience handling chemicals/dangerous goods an asset. Training provided on requirements for Transportation of Dangerous Goods, (TDG) and CPPI.
- Experience in handling chemicals/dangerous goods is an asset
- Applicant must be mechanically inclined and an independent self-starter working with minimal supervision.
- Previous experience hauling bulk fuel or chemical products in a tanker is an asset. Experience using a truck mounted cargo pump is preferred.
- Ability to work shift work, including evenings and weekends as required. This is a paid OT position.
- Ability to work in an outdoor environment
- Valid Driver's license and willingness to travel in Company vehicle. Class 1 driver's license an asset.
- Ability to communicate effectively and interact with customer representatives in a professional manner.
- Ability to take a leadership role in specific chemical handling tasks they have been trained in to ensure they are completed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Primary duties will be to support boat fueling activates by ensuring quality, safety and adherence to both Company and customer procedures.
- Work will include occasional travel to customer locations throughout NS, and occasionally NB.
- Must be willing to work a 7 day per week rotating shift schedule with other members of the team. Must be willing to work a 7 day per week rotating shift schedule with other members of the team.
- Loading, unloading, storing and transferring of a variety of products; including petroleum and chemical products.
- Assist in emergency response or incident investigation duties when required.
- Perform site visits to generate procedures, audit procedures, train new employees and to address customer concerns.
- Other general labor duties as required
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
RST Industries Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.