Program Manager - Forensic Psychiatry Evaluation
Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: Management and Non Bargaining
ZONE: Zone 5 - Restigouche
FACILITY: Restigouche Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT: Forensic Psychiaty - Evaluation
CLASSIFICATION: Program Manager - Forensic Psychiatry Evaluation
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8 hour day shifts
May be required to work/travel outside these hours
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Under the responsibility of the Deputy Director of Forensic and Tertiary Psychiatry, the incumbent will be responsible for the Forensic Psychiatry - Assessment Programs. Under this mandate, the incumbent will be responsible to develop, implement and maintain a forensic evaluation program in collaboration with many partners including the medical profession, the Courts, the Review Board and the correctional centers. . He or she will ensure the continuous development of skills with the members of the interdisciplinary team under his/her responsibility, including the use of recognized clinical tools in risk management.
He/she will also be responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining a uniform process of performance and quality management. He/she will oversee the day-to-day operation and management of the interdisciplinary teams under their responsibility, as well as coordination with professional services for consultations.
The incumbent may be delegated different mandates depending on operational needs.
- Bachelor's degree in a discipline related to health, health administration or other related field;
- Master's in administration considered an asset;
- Member in good standing of a recognized professional association;
- Experience in supervising/managing staff and strong coaching skills;
- 5 -8 years' experience in the health field;
- Work team management or coordination experience considered an asset;
- Proven knowledge and experience in psychiatric or mental health care;
- An equivalent combination of training and experience may be taken into consideration;
- Ease in forging internal and external partnerships thanks to his or her unifying spirit and knowledge of the sector;
- Good leadership and communication skills;
- Strategic-thinking skills and innovative and collaborative management style;
- Strong problem-solving and planning skills, as well as abilities in the area of program development and evaluation;
- Ability to function with ease in a changing environment and strong skills in implementing change management strategies;
- Extensive experience managing human and financial resources as well as information in general;
- Recognized ability to achieve results, whether directly or through teamwork;
- Ability to use computer tools currently in place throughout the network;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken knowledge of English and French is required.
Salary commensurate with provincial scale for management staff.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment