Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: Management and non-bargaining
ZONE: Zone 5 - Restigouche
FACILITY: Restigouche Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT: Nursing Administration
CLASSIFICATION: Executive Secretary
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8 hour day shifts - Monday to Friday
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
As Executive Secretary, the incumbent will be required to perform various secretarial functions of an administrative nature that are both complex and confidential in nature. Office automation is an integral part of this work. The incumbent will be required to have extensive knowledge of the objectives and activities of the Clinical Programs Branch. He/she will have to understand and master the administrative aspects of the Forensic Psychiatry Programs. The incumbent will be part of a team of three administrative supports and will be required to replace during absences.
- Post-secondary diploma in secretarial or clerical work or any equivalent combination of training and experience;
- Three years' related relative experience;
- Medical and Legal terminology is essential;
- Excellent skills in using the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access);
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize with multiple people;
- Demonstrate a high degree of judgment, initiative, creativity and flexibility;
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills (written and oral) in both official languages and be able to make informed assessments of legal documents;
- Excellent organizational, planning and problem-solving skills;
- The incumbent must focus on fast, accurate and professional work;
- Certificate of Commissioner of Oaths would be considered an asset;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physically able to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
Salary commensurate with provincial scale for management staff.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment