Temporary Full-Time (Indefinite)
Location: Happy Valley - Goose Bay
The Buyer IIA is responsible for the procurement of supplies and capital equipment for Labrador Grenfell Health. Work involves receiving and reviewing requisitions to ensure completeness and accuracy; liaising with vendors for product updates or to answer questions regarding the procurement process; creating and issuing purchase orders to suppliers; determining appropriate purchasing methods to use and taking action to finalize the purchase, which may involve direct purchases, emergency purchases, and standing offer purchases; and other related duties as required.
- Successful completion of one of the following is required:
- A Bachelor's Degree from a recognized/accredited university;
- A three-year diploma in Business Management from an approved/recognized college;
- A recognized certification or accreditation in the purchasing field such as Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP);
- Minimum of two years buying experience within the last four years is required;
- Experience using various computer applications and the Meditech System is an asset;
- A satisfactory record of work performance is required.
Duties (Include but not limited to):
- Occasionally to regularly required to lift/move objects up to 10 lbs.
- Constantly uses fine finger/precision to work on computer or perform clerical duties such as filing, answering the phone and maintaining inventories.
- Occasionally requires a variety of body postures including bending, reaching and stretching.
- Constant visual and auditory concentration and multiple time pressures/deadlines with a lack of control over work pace.
- Other related duties.
- CG-28 of the NAPE - HS Salary scale, $23.89 to $26.47 per hour, plus applicable Labrador Allowance.
Hours of Work:
- 75 hours biweekly
Interested applicants please submit resume, stating competition number 2019000249N
Labrador-Grenfell Regional Health Authority
Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL A0P 1C0
Tel: 709-897-2164 Fax: 709-896-4741
Apply online at www.careers.lghealth.ca