Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA)
Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : NBNU
ZONE : Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY : Grand Falls General Hospital
DEPARTMENT : Emergency Room
CLASSIFICATION : Registered Nurse class A (RNCA)
STATUS : Permanent part-time
FTE : 0.5
ANTICIPATED DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
12 hour shifts - Rotation
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
Identify needs and take part in the planning, organization, delivery, and assessment of nursing care, in accordance with the hospital and nursing philosophy, objectives, and policies. Monitor the patients' health condition on an ongoing basis. Anticipate potential complications and be able to act quickly in case of an emergency. The incumbent may be required to work on all nursing units. May be required to make ambulance transfers, if necessary.
- Registered with the Nurses Association of New Brunswick;
- Two years' nursing experience;
- Current BCLS certificate;
- Cardiac arrhythmia course;
- Successfully obtaining ACLS certification as per set time frame;
- Successfully obtaining the following certifications as per set time frame: Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC), PALS, non-violent crisis intervention, critical care program (NBCCNP) - emergency care;
- Triage course (CTAS) to be completed after two years working in the emergency department;
- Successful completion of required certification programs for delegated functions specific to the emergency department as per set time frames;
- Leadership, teaching, communication, interpersonal relationships, and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to manage stressful situations and to set priorities;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by the Network.
Knowledge of spoken and written French is essential and knowledge of spoken English is required
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written, or practical tests during the selection process.
- If no candidate meets the position requirements, the position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply.
- The employer reserves the right to extend or shorten the duration of temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants in advance. However, only those candidates selected will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment