Assistant Project Manager, CSC
Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7 or 155 Chain Lake Drive Halifax NS B3S 1B3, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities and qualifications:
- Support Project Management in one or more contractual task as part of the wider ISI CSC Project to ensure successful performance of contract tasks, to include on time deliverables, within budget and in accordance with technical requirements
- Interact with Canadian Government and Royal Canadian Navy CSC Program personnel
- Plan and coordinate multiple activities, subcontractors and tasks to meet program schedule requirements
- Work in accordance with the Integrated Master Schedule for the project
- Work in accordance with the Earned Value Management System into the CSC Project Office
- Plan, manage and report on budgets, schedule and progress within the EVM environment
- Manage project administration functions such as document control, risk management, etc.
Requirements, Knowledge & Skills:
- Post-secondary degree, in business administration, engineering or related discipline required, Master's degree an asset
- PMP designation an asset, but not a requirement
- 3 plus years of experience in a Project Manager role, working in an engineering/programmatic environment required
- Experience in the shipbuilding/naval sectors, major international contracts or Defense contracts required; An advantage if the candidates has experience in more than one of the aforementioned areas
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation and interpersonal skill
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills; energetic and results-focused
- High level of competence with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of document control and configuration management in a Defense environment an advantage
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.