Technical Business Analyst
Apply Now Technical Business Analyst
Halifax, NS, Canada Req #760
Wednesday, September 11, 2019
Powered by state-of-the-art fibre optic and wireless networks, Eastlink delivers world-class video entertainment and communications services to residential, business and public sector customers across Canada. As one of Canada's Best Managed Companies for 11 consecutive years, Eastlink provides high speed Internet, wireless, TV, telephone, security and automation, data communications and exclusive, locally-produced programming. Headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Eastlink is the largest privately owned telecommunications Company in Canada with an employee base of just over 1500 individuals .
Reporting to the Manager of Business Intelligence and Reporting Services, the Business Analyst is a key contributor to the support and delivery of Enterprise Projects and Initiatives. The Business Analyst is primarily responsible for gathering and documenting requirements elicited from our business stakeholders, but must also be knowledgeable of database structures, and have experience documenting and communicating process. The successful candidate will be experienced in Agile project methodology, cloud-based data warehousing, and will be the important conduit between our business stakeholders and our technical teams.
Experience & Qualifications
- Five years of relevant work experience as a Business Analyst in a complex technical setting.
- Three years of Agile project work experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in support of business analysis and requirements gathering.
- Strong skills in workshop planning, stakeholder interview staging, and facilitation to both a technical and non-technical audience.
- Strong ability to quickly understand business processes and systems.
- Experience developing and maintaining technical documentation.
- Strong time management skills, experience working in a fast paced environment.
- Experience working on multiple projects at one time with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience with telecommunications billing systems considered an asset.
- Experience with MS SQL and Oracle considered an asset.
- Lead Agile scrums.
- Document, track and follow up on project deliverables.
- Gather and document business requirements and communicate these to technical resources.
- Conduct business workshops and interviews to elicit requirements.
- Provide Business Analyst oversight and triage support for incoming report and project requests.
- Provide Agile leadership for various projects and report requests.
- Support the development and maintenance of processes for request and project delivery.
- Support the evaluation and suitability of recommended solutions.
Why Choose Eastlink?
Eastlink brings you technology in a way that people would want it. We work hard to provide the best products - Internet, TV, Wireless, Telephone, and Security and Automation - to keep our customers connected to the things and people that matter the most. By putting our customers and their needs at the centre of it all we can show them something special and provide a unique brand experience.
We are extremely proud of our employees and believe the best people make the best companies. As we continue to grow, our goal is to continue to attract the best people.
Dedicated to representing all of the customers we serve, we embrace diversity throughout all levels of the organization and encourage members of equity groups to self-identify during the application process.
Ready to explore an exciting career at Eastlink? Your journey begins here.
- Job Family Continuous Improvement & Analytics
- Pay Type Salary
- Halifax, NS, Canada