Atholville, NB, Canada Req #90
Monday, July 22, 2019
AV Group NB Inc. is an exciting and innovative company operating in the unique global market of viscose fibre with locations in Atholville (New Brunswick) Nackawic (New Brunswick). As part of the Aditya Birla Group, our role is to produce specialty pulp products (dissolving grade pulp) for the group's textile industry. With operations in 36 countries, the Group is anchored by an extraordinary force of over 136,000 employees, belonging to 42 different nationalities. In 2011, Aditya Birla was ranked fourth globally and first in the Asia-Pacific region, in the "top companies for leaders" study. It is also ranked first in the production of viscose staple fibre textiles worldwide.
The Tour Superintendent will coordinate activities in all departments in the mill to achieve maximum production and ensure compliance with applicable health, safety and environmental legislation. Will monitor and coach shift employees to achieve maximum performance; inform department superintendent of concerns and opportunities.
- Determine existing and potential production bottleneck and take appropriate action.
- Investigate accidents, environmental occurrences and other incident in a timely fashion, to take immediate corrective action and to complete appropriate reports.
- Report to the Assistant Production Manager any significant activities existing and potential bottlenecks, quality concerns and opportunities.
- Inform department superintendent immediately when ever that department is causing mill performance to fall below standard.
- Recommend changes / improvements to management systems, standards and procedures to the Assistant Production Manager .
- Promote an environment that emphasizes safety, productivity, quality and efficiency.
- Keep up to date with new technology and management methods.
- Be proactive in safety initiatives.
- Comply with company safety policies and procedures.
- Bachelor degree in Science, Chemical Engineering.
- 3-5 years' experience in a pulp mill or other industrial setting is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organization and leadership skills are essential.
- Recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
Why AV Group NB Inc.?
With AV Group NB Inc. you will become a part of a worldwide global company that understands the value of their employees. You will be part of a team that is built on strong values and ethics. AV Group offers challenges in a wide range of disciplines and opportunities for professional growth, a competitive salary, competitive benefits package and a variety of training & development programs to help you develop the skills you need to build a successful career.
- Atholville, NB, Canada