Registered Nurse IC – Emergency Department
Registered Nurse IC - Emergency Department
Permanent Full Time
Location: Happy Valley-Goose Bay
The primary purpose of this position is to work as an active member of the nursing team to provide a high standard of care to patients of the Labrador Health Centre. The Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for maintaining professional and organizational standards and practice in accordance with the LGH Model of Nursing Clinical Practice and reports to the Clinical Nurse Manager.
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with a Nursing Diploma, or an approved University with a Bachelor of Nursing;
- Current registration with the Association of Registered Nurses of Newfoundland and Labrador;
- Emergency Education Program or willingness to complete (within a timeframe indicated by the employer);
- Successful completion of NRP, ACLS and TNCC or willingness to complete (within timeframe designated by employer);
- Successful completion of the Medevac course or willingness to complete (within timeframe designated by employer);
- Successful completion of CTAS or willingness to complete (within timeframe designated by employer);
- Current certification in Basic Life Support (CPR);
- Preference will be given to the candidate with current ER experience and/or recognized post basic course in Emergency Nursing;
- The successful applicant will be required to submit a satisfactory certificate of conduct.
Duties (Include but not limited to):
- Organizing, Planning, Implementing and evaluating the plan of care of assigned clients;
- Participates in the auditing process as required;
- Documents as per professional and organizational standards;
- Administers medication and participates in Medication Reconciliation;
- Participates in the orientation, mentorship and preceptoring of staff;
- Represents nursing on various committees as required;
- Participates in quality assurance initiatives as requested/required;
- Practice independently according to professional and organizational standards;
- Acts as a liaison between the client and other healthcare providers;
- On call/stand-by may be required;
- Other related duties as required;
- NS-31 of the RNUNL Salary Scales, $35.71 to $43.85 per hour plus the applicable Labrador Allowance.
Hours of Work:
- 75 hours biweekly, variable shifts.
This posting is open to male and female applicants.
Interested applicants please submit resume, stating competition number 2019000129N to:
Labrador-Grenfell Regional Health Authority
Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL A0P 1C0
Tel: 709-897-2164 Fax: 709-896-4741
Apply online at www.careers.lghealth.ca
Posting Date: April 9, 2019
Open Until Filled