Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer
Founded in Quebec more than 50 years ago, Englobe is one ofCanada's largest soils, materials and environment organizations. Englobe isdistinguished by the credibility it has built up over the years and itspeople-centred values. Its 1,800 employees provide recognized expertise to along roster of clients across Canada and abroad. The Englobe name is aguarantee of quality.
Englobe is pleased to offer a career opportunity to anambitious Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer who enjoys managing a variety ofprojects from multiple sectors and a diverse client base in a growing teamenvironment. Reporting to the Service Director, your main tasks will be to workon projects supplying geotechnical exploratory, design, forensic, laboratorytesting, construction management and inspection/testing services to Energy,Institutional, Transportation, Industrial, Commercial, Communication, andResidential clients. More specifically, you will:
- Manage multiple geotechnical and geo-materials projects,including client and contractor management, geotechnical evaluation and problemsolving, report preparation and review, and preparation of proposals andinvoices;
- Schedule and manage project staff, laboratory and fieldtesting;
- Conduct geotechnical assessment utilizing computer aideddesign and analysis software;
- Conduct site visits and investigations to evaluate difficultconditions and assist field staff;
- Keen and detailed analytical skills to carry outGeotechnical investigative assignments
- Assist in managing, training, and mentoring technicalpersonnel and more junior professional staff;
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering with a focus on Geotechnical Engineering from a recognized university;
- Member of the Professional EngineersOntario (PEO) or Association of Professional Geoscientists of Ontario (APGO);
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in geotechnical and/or geo-materials engineering;
- Local project experience in both soil and rock conditions;
- Experience in mining industry will be considered as an asset
- Experience in the design and construction of dams will be considered an asset.
- Strong communication skills;
- Motivated to provide excellent client service and enjoy working in a team environment.
Englobe Corp. adheres to employment equity and equal opportunity programs and encourages all women, visible minorities, Aboriginals and disabled persons to apply. Only selected candidates will be contacted.