Associate Estate Planning Specialist
We're building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what's right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions so you feel empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and feel truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
The Associate Estate Planning Specialist addresses the needs of CIBC Wood Gundy clients by providing comprehensive estate planning solutions by incorporating financial planning services and recommending solutions in the areas of estate planning, retirement income, succession planning and other corporate needs and philanthropy. The Associate Estate Planning Specialist also provides ongoing servicing of all insurance products (except segregated funds) held by the CIBC Wood Gundy clients for which they are responsible. The Associate will work with an Estate Planning Specialist, Investment Advisors and their clients at a CIBC Wood Gundy Branch that will act as their home base, but may also be assigned to clients at one of the satellite branches.
How You'll Succeed
- Building relationships - Build relationships with Investment Advisors, educating and motivating them to assess and evaluate the appropriateness of solutions to meet CIBC Wood Gundy clients' financial and estate planning objectives.
- Identifying needs - Working with Investment Advisors, clients and prospects to analyze and identify insurance needs using appropriate products, planning methods and tools and engaging the Investment Advisor according to mutual preferences.
- Sales & Marketing - Develop and implement a sales and marketing plan and adjusting as required to meet agreed-upon targets. Develop the capability of all assigned Investment Advisors and Branch Offices to sell various life insurance concepts directly to their clients and prospects.
Collaborating - Participate in seminars for clients and prospects, in collaboration with Investment Advisors. Consult with Investment Advisors regarding illustrations, product selection and application reviews prior to the completion of sales.
Who You Are
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
- You can demonstrate experience in finance, sales and/or entrepreneurial work and a proven track record of achieving results.
- You put our clients first. You have strong relationship building skills, and are able to problem solve client needs efficiently and effectively.
- You're passionate about people. You find meaning in relationships, and surround yourself with a diverse network of partners. You build trust through respect and authenticity.
- You are educated. You have a university degree within a related field/Industry related designation and/or relevant experience.
You're a certified professional. You have current accreditation and good standing Certified Financial Planner or equivalent required (IQPF in Quebec), Life Insurance license (including Accident and Sickness) or current LLQP. Current accreditation with Canadian Securities Course (CSC) would be an asset.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit