Are you a passionate person, looking to join an exciting industry that is sustainable and evolving?
Lucas Professional Search Group is currently recruiting for a General Accountant to join a leading company in the Leamington, ON area. This is a full-time, permanent position with great benefits and RRSP package.
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the General Accountant will be responsible for:
- Reconciliation of GL accounts
- Bank accounts & credit cards reconciliation
- Payment approvals (cheques, EFT, etc.)
- Sales Tax (GST/HST, PST) filing and remittance- Canada and US
- Month end reports production
- Consolidation package (half year & annual)
- Prepare documents, data and working papers for annual audit
- Assist in annual budget preparation
- Function related to Canadian company and its US subsidiary
- Work with management in understanding and analyzing financial data with the goal to improve and drive business i.e. cost analysis and forecasting
- Post -secondary education in accounting or business Accounting designation preferred but not required
- Minimum 2 years of experience preferred
- Knowledge of accounting software - Microsoft Dynamics an asset
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Collaborative and consensual approach in all areas of problem solving and contributing to team projects
- Inquisitive mind, drive to challenge status quo and to improve systems
If you feel you meet the above qualifications and have relevant experiences, please forward your resume to Lucas Professional Search Group to the attention of Janine Gaudette.