Job Title: Financial Controller
Reports To: Vice President and General Manager
Position Type: Full Time Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
The Financial Controller is accountable to provide timely and relevant financial reports. He/she will work with different departments (production, customer service, quality, IT and procurement) to ensure data accuracy and provide business performance analysis. He /she is the linking point between the different sources of information and the relevant business stakeholders, the position will have the accountability and responsibility of financial reporting, inventory valuation, at standard cost, and transaction accuracy. As they perform these accountabilities, the positions holder will also assist with providing performance data on standard labour and material cost vs. actual labour and material cost performance.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Produce timely and relevant financial statements
- Perform variance analysis such as Purchase Price to Cost variance, cost revaluation, Invoice to PO price variances and work order variances
- Work with both Internal and external Auditors
- Work closely with customer service and operational team to control and monitor their work process that may negatively impact the financial statement as a result of inaccurate inventory transaction(s) or sales orders
- Reports Development - work with IT to define, test and validate key reports to aid in decision making in such areas as:
- Standard Cost Variance
- Product Cost Analysis/ WO Variance Reports
Cost & Performance Analysis
- Maintenance/Development of key performance reports to explain business financial performance
- Provide insightful recommendations to improve efficiencies and results
- Oversight of procurement department (comprised of two buyers) with a good understanding of material planning and procurement strategies to reduce cost and ensure on time delivery.
- Integral to the role is establishing and maintaining an ongoing working relationship with external suppliers, carriers and operational departments
- Ensure process integrity within Manufacturing, Procurement and Inventory while working with cross-functional teams to resolve process issues
- Ensure standard costs in the bill of material are updated periodically. Interact with Production to ensure Bills of Materials (BOM) are accurate and up to date.
Understanding of the following required:
- Standard Costing, Manufacturing accounting
- Variance Analysis
- ERP Systems (preferably JDE Edwards)
- Manufacturing Work orders, Standard Routings and Bill of materials, Sales Order and Purchase Order Systems
- Must be a CPA
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years related experience in corporate accounting with supervisory experience.
- Competence in a computerized environment and use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to manage and direct employees.
- Well organized, analytical and accurate.
- Previous experience and ability to lead, motivate and negotiate in an active operational setting is a definite asset to the qualification of this position.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies. Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean & 8S activities in your area.
- Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian Government Security Clearances.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply on-line at www.impgroup.com.
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee.
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-representated. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self identify on either your cover letter or resume.