Manager, Continuous Improvement
Irving Tissue in Toronto, ON
MANAGER, CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT
At Irving Tissue, we recognize that the key to our success is our people. We are a family-owned and operated company that has grown to become one of North America's leading manufacturers of household paper products. Irving Tissue produces both branded and private label bathroom tissue, facial tissue, paper towels, and napkins. Consumers know us by our Majesta and Royale brands. Our manufacturing facilities are located in Fort Edward, NY, Toronto, Ontario, and Dieppe, New Brunswick.
Providing leadership to the company to develop, deploy and oversee systems and activities related to driving and sustaining improved business performance in the area of cost reduction, revenue growth and working capital reduction. Ensuring employees are equipped with and utilizing the best tools that fit, to solve problems and create a culture of continuous improvement. "Everyone, Finding a Better Way Every Day!"
- Education Required: University degree / technical diploma
- Years of Experience Required: 10 years of relevant work experience
- Company recognized Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification preferred. Minimum Lean Six Sigma Green Belt, proven accomplishment in building LEAN capability and/or related project accomplishments
Through partnership with Senior Management and Site Leadership Teams, achievement of targeted key performance indicator (KPI) improvement through management of Lean/Sigma improvement initiatives, resources, and execution via DMAIC, LEAN principles and Project Management methodology.
- Execute Improvement Projects Within, Between and Across IGM Business
- Manage Portfolio of Division/Business Initiatives
- Hopper 1.5 times Improvement Rate
- Timely Completion of Initiatives
- Assist VP, Manufacturing with reporting of KPIs and charter updates
- Build capability & engaging workforce by championing formal management system (Irving Consumer Products Management System), by fostering implementation of best practices, and engagement of all team members in continuous improvement.
- Understand required business vision and goals as well as rate of progress
- Understand formal Management System gaps
- Execute initiative management system improvement plans
- Build Leader's Continuous Improvement Competencies.
- Maintain an appropriate Level and mix of project managers and certification/belts (MBB/BB/GB/YB Ratio)
- Build LEAN capabilities through engagement and teaching in formal capability improvement plans for site teams to lead and deploy: strategy deployment, initiative management, problem solving, decision making, 5s and related flow and system initiatives, Kaizen methodology, Lean Six Sigma project coaching enroute to certification of skills for targeted team members
- Project Execution - Sufficient support to complete projects timely
- Succession Planning - Improve CI Competency
- Facilitation of multi-disciplinary groups to build and improve processes surrounding business transactions.
- Develop any materials to assist in continuous improvement learning.
- Participation in JDI Process Improvement Champions' Group / IGM Process Improvement Council and other associated Corporate initiatives. Learning and leading through seeing - understanding and sharing best practices.
- Business analysis and other assignments as required
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online
We appreciate your interest in our company! The initial review of applications will begin on the deadline date for applying. Applications received after the deadline may not be considered. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Tissue, a division of Irving Consumer Products Ltd., is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.