Technical Analyst Halifax
J.D. Irving, Limited - IT Division in Halifax, NS
Technical Analyst Halifax
J.D Irving Limited, Information Technology is the destination of choice for naturally curious, energetic and collaborative people. At JDI IT, the belief that what people experience matters more than technology is integral to how we work with and support our customers.
With over 320 employees centralized in Saint John, Fredericton, Dieppe and Halifax, we offer our team the opportunity to create real value by helping people and business work smarter. JDI IT supports all of the J.D. Irving Ltd. group of companies and therefore offers opportunities and experiences across a wide breath of IT areas, businesses and industries. As a member of the JDI IT team, you will be a key player in enabling the business to win by overcoming obstacles and "getting it done"!
We invest in continuous professional growth and believe that our ability as a team grows exponentially when we share success - as such, your coworkers will be among the best in the Maritimes!
Sound good so far? Then please read on - and if the below description fits your interests and experience, we encourage you to apply. Come help JDI IT Raise the Bar!
We currently have a full-time opening for a Technical Analyst located in Halifax, Nova Scotia. The Technical Support Analyst is a pivotal role, enabling quality support and service to the J.D. Irving, Ltd group of companies.
- Education Required: Associate's Degree or College Diploma with a technical relevance
- Years of Experience Required: 3-5 years
- Customer service mindset with a high level of attention on delivering a quality service
- High energy with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel with some local travel requirements (primarily within the province)
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently or within a team
- Excellent and customer focused communication skills while building a professional relationship with end users
- Physical ability to complete setups and deployment of computer equipment
- Certifications in the following would be considered an asset: Network , A , Lenovo Hardware, Dell Hardware, Cisco Switching (CCNA)
- Experience with the following technologies would be considered an asset: Windows 7, Windows 8, Microsoft SCCM, DHCP, DNS, WIFI, Satellite, VSat, Dell, Apple, Mobile Technologies, and AD
- Basic networking skills both wireless and end point switching (Cisco, Juniper), MFP, iMac, Blackberry
- Client remote access
- Provide day-to-day support to J.D. Irving end users, specifically related to end user computing devices (desktops, laptops, mobile devices)
- Resolve technical support issues that cannot be resolved by the Service Desk or requires hands on approach
- Deploy all IT solutions related to end user devices, including J.D. Irving Ltd. site set up and deployment of new end user technologies including desktops, laptops, tablets, printers, VoIP telephony, network equipment, server migrations, and satellite technology and software applications
- Analyze, document, and escalate critical issues to appropriate support groups
- Monitor and ensure timely escalation of customer issues to internal organizations and/or vendors
- Perform preventative maintenance and install upgrades and options
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.