Courier Driver - Owner Operator
Midland Transport in Ottawa, ON
COURIER CITY OWNER / OPERATOR DRIVER
Midland Transport Limited has become a leader in the transportation industry by providing superior quality service to our customers. Our services include LTL, T/L, Courier Services, and Third Party Logistics/ Brokerage which provide the convenience of one-stop shipping.
Midland Courier is currently seeking a Courier Owner Operator Based Out Of Our Ottawa Terminal. The selected candidate will be a self-starter with a strong work ethic and a "Can Do" attitude.
Successful Candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Must provide own equipment - 3 Ton Cube Van with a box heater and tailgate.
- Class G driver's license combined with a minimum two (2) years Commercial driving experience;
- Clean driver's abstract and criminal search;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude with a commitment to provide Superior Quality Service.
- Provide efficient, reliable, professional service to customers;
- Work with variable shipment weight and freight handling equipment;
- Maintain company equipment standards;
- Process daily pickup and delivery records;
- Scheduled activity based on daily shipment volumes and customer demand.
Benefits of Joining Midland as an Owner/Operator:
- Monday - Friday Day shift (7:00am start)
- Hourly Driving Rate: $37.25
- Fuel Cost: $0.408 for gasoline or diesel
- Safety Bonus: $800.00/yr. (paid quarterly)
- Uniform Allowance: $350.00/yr.
- Excess KM: $0.25/km if over 161 km per day
- Consistent and steady work
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Midland Transport Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.