Senior Associate, Operational Resilience (Charlottetown - in-office)
Invesco in Charlottetown, PE
Invesco is one of the world's leadingglobal investment managers, entrusted with managing $1.2 trillion in assets onbehalf of clients worldwide. We are the 6th largest USretail asset manager and the 13th largest investment managerglobally, and our more than 8,000 employees worldwide are dedicated todelivering an investment experience that helps people get more out oflife. We arepurely focused on managing a comprehensive range of active, passive andalternative investment capabilities, which we draw on to provide customizedsolutions aligned to client needs, our most important benchmark.
At Invesco, we focus on our clients and the investment experience we deliver. The resiliency of our business services is a critical component in that trust relationship.
- We take an intelligence led and integrated approach across all areas of security (physical, information, business continuity, and privacy).
- Our team shares and blends experience and expertise from within the firm, wider financial services, other industries, consulting, regulators, and the intelligence community.
- We work in a highly collaborative and consultative environment in which everyone's ideas are valued.
- We explore and apply the most innovative technologies to ensure our business is safe, secure, and resilient.
JOB PURPOSE (JOB SUMMARY):
We are building a program to enhance the operational resilience of the firm and forming a team to drive its global implementation. In this critical role, he/she will contribute to the core global team coordinating our approach and work closely with the business and other protective disciplines providing capabilities underpinning our operational resilience. We are at an early stage of the program so this role is a key contributor to how we build and shape our approach going forward.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Assist in identifying, mapping, and documenting core business services, underlying processes, and their dependencies and assessing criticality and associated risks
- Help to develop and update materials in support of operational resilience, including policies and standards, frameworks and methodologies, overviews, and educational guidance
- Raise awareness and support training on operational resilience, champion the approach as its advocate
- Capture, analyse, and present metrics and regular reporting on operational resilience across protective disciplines and capabilities, including designing and building high level dashboards
- Support the delivery of the operational resilience program, including scheduling and coordinating workshops, implementing the methodology, and providing status updates
- Contribute to scheduling, building, and running exercises to test our operational resilience (under severe but plausible scenarios) and to identifying lessons learned
- Support required change and alignment within Business Continuity Management (BCM), particularly on global programs or centralized services including use of technology (such as MIR3 automatic notification tool or Assurance business continuity planning tool)
- Contribute to other major projects and initiatives as required
WORK EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE:
- Experience in any of the core protective disciplines preferred (business continuity management; crisis management; technology change, incident management, and/or disaster recovery; physical security; information security; third party risk management; and enterprise/operational risk management) with operational resilience particularly helpful
Experience in project delivery an advantage
- Experience in management reporting and metrics (particularly use of Power BI) an advantage
- Understanding of the financial services industry (particularly asset management) helpful
- Comfortable in large / global corporate environments involving multiple businesses helpful
- None required
- Degree level or above
SKILLS / OTHER PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- Strong analytical, organizational, and administrative skills
- Familiar and comfortable with technology and learning to use new tools
- Take ownership and initiative and deliver results to agreed targets
- Ensure accuracy and quality
- Willing to learn and develop
- Work effectively as part of a team and engage collaboratively across functions and disciplines, including across time zones and with remote locations
- Understand business needs and priorities
- Communicate and present clearly and effectively (written and verbal)
- Ability to travel as necessary
- Strong verbal and written English
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. If selected for an interview, we will work with you to ensure that your interview is accessible, and accommodation is provided. Please contact us at email@example.com or 1.800.874.6275 to let us know if you require accommodation for an interview due to a disability.