Supply Chain Engineer
Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
SUPPLY CHAIN ENGINEER
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
The task package: optimizing business processes:
- You support the overall process for materials and storage within the supply chain the distribution network.
- You analyze business trends, operational processes, and business data to identify opportunities and recommend changes to improve efficiencies
- You work on multiple projects for the distribution network including (but not limited to): identifying operational needs; communicating business plans and priorities; developing implementation plans, budgets and timelines; and developing contingency plans.
- You communicate accurate information with relevant parties to ensure the proper application of solutions and support of analysis and design.
- You are the contact point for your colleagues from the production and planning for everything that has to do with technical or operational processes within Supply Chain
- You partner with key vendors as well as internal teams and external entities to benchmark best practices and to gain support and insight for projects and solutions.
- You lead or support continuous improvement projects within the Supply Chain various teams.
- You design and support implementation of end to end supply chain operational models
- You report to a Supply Chain Manager.
Profile: technically and analytically strong:
- Technical skills: you have insight into production processes.
- Analytically strong: you can analyze business processes well and make connections.
- Skilled in communication: you are good at maintaining relations with customers, suppliers, colleagues, etc.
- A feeling for customer service: you are customer-oriented and have good financial insight.
- A strong sense of responsibility.
- Education Required: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Years of Experience Required:
- Ability to interpret technical concepts, drawings, and specifications
- Advanced user of MS Office (Word, Access, Excel)
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to qualify as an Engineer in Training with Engineers Nova Scotia
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
Irving Shipbuilding is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.