Mechanical Technologist Associate
Irving Business Services in Saint John, NB
MECHANICAL TECHNOLOGIST ASSOCIATE
At J. D. Irving, Limited we provide unlimited career opportunities in a team based collaborative environment, and help you achieve your professional goals through ongoing development opportunities. We are focused on continuous improvement, and use leading edge technology. We offer a wide range of health and wellness programs to our employees and their families, and are proud supporters of our communities. Come join us to grow your career!
As a Mechanical Technologist Associate with J.D. Irving, Limited you will work under the direction of the Facilities Maintenance Manager , working as a part of the Building Maintenance team. This role will require a hands on approach in which the incumbent will demonstrate leadership and teamwork, while addressing day to day facility requirements.
- Diploma in Power Engineering Technology, or an equivalent program approved by the Power Engineers Board is required
- 1-2 years of experience in Facility Management and/or Building Maintenance, an asset
- Minimum of one (1) year of operating experience in a heating or power plant under the direct supervision of a licensed power engineer
- Possession or be eligible for a Fourth Class Power Engineers License in the Province of New Brunswick considered an asset
- Highly self-motivated, with a continuous improvement mindset
- Experience with Energy Management Controls Systems an asset
- Demonstrate hands-on approach to achieving objectives by:
- Completing preventative and routine maintenance tasks including, but not limited to: cleaning and maintaining boilers; painting; changing light bulbs; replacing heat pump filters; clearing roof drains; basic lubrication of equipment; start-up and testing of emergency generators; salting and sanding; periodic minor janitorial functions; and other periodic hands-on requirements as directed;
- Performing daily safety checks of boilers
- Making adjustments and minor repairs to boilers, pumps, ventilation, air conditioning equipment, and other equipment
- Completing minor plumbing repairs
- Using automated and computerized equipment (e.g. Energy Management Controls System) to monitor and optimize building performance
- Support the safety, comfort and well-being of building occupants and users of our services and protect the company's investment in our properties and related inventories; and
- Ensure the organization is in compliance with relevant legislation, codes, rules, and procedures
What We Offer:
At JDI you will be rewarded with a competitive benefit and salary package as well as the opportunity to take part in job related training and development.
You will be given the opportunity to grow and develop in your current role as well as being able to progress within the division and entire company.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online by September 2nd, 2019.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted. Applications received after the deadline may not be considered. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.