Conquest Engineering Ltd. is a wholly owned subsidiary of CBCL Limited; we specialize in geotechnical and materials engineering consulting in Atlantic Canada. From our beginnings in 2003, we have grown to become a leading regional provider of these engineering services to the commercial, institutional, heavy industrial, transportation, municipal infrastructure, utilities and large residential sectors. We deliver sound engineering solutions to our customers through innovation and by applying best practices.
Our services include:
- Geotechnical investigations;
- Geotechnical engineering design;
- Concrete technology and materials engineering design;
- Consultation during tendering;
- Construction monitoring and on-site engineering assistance during construction;
- Construction Quality Assurance/Quality Control;
- Materials testing of soil, concrete, asphalt and construction aggregates.
Our testing laboratories are certified to CSA Standard A283 through the Canadian Council of independent Laboratories (CCIL) and are all equipped for soils, concrete, and asphalt testing.
Conquest Engineering Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of CBCL Limited, is seeking a Laboratory Manager to join our team in Saint John, NB where we operate a CCIL-Certified concrete and asphalt testing laboratory.
We are interested in Engineers or Technologists with a minimum of 10 years of direct laboratory supervision, management, or engineering. Advanced experience in lab testing of concrete, asphalt, construction aggregates, and soils is required. Post-secondary education in Civil Engineering Technology, a Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, or a relevant Engineering program is an asset.
- Supervise day-to-day laboratory testing activity and ensure client deadlines and expectations are met;
- Review test data and prepare test reports for submission to clients;
- Assist with testing of construction materials including but not limited to: concrete, asphalt, aggregates, and soils;
- Manage testing equipment maintenance, calibration, and certification;
- Manage proficiency testing, correlation programs, and control aggregate testing as well as maintain organized records.
Experience and Skills:
- Experience with Superpave asphalt mix design technology and laboratory testing;
- Experience with advanced concrete laboratory testing;
- Thorough understanding of CSA, ASTM and AASHTO laboratory test procedures and the ability to read unfamiliar test methods for comprehension;
- Knowledge of municipal and provincial construction specifications;
- Proven interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with a diverse group of individuals both internal and external to the company;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Proven ability to take initiative and provide leadership;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent computer skills.
Interested applicants are invited to apply directly to the position on our CBCL careers site using the following link: Careers
Conquest Engineering Ltd. and CBCL Limited are equal opportunity employers.
Established in 1955 and now with over 360 employees, CBCL Limited operates from its nine Canadian offices located in Halifax and Sydney, NS; Charlottetown, PE; Saint John, Fredericton and Moncton, NB; St. John's, and Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL, and Ottawa, ON.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those applicants who are selected to interview will be contacted.