OSCO Construction Group in Saint John, NB
Established in 1963, Strescon Limited has grown to become the largest precast pre-stressed concrete manufacturer in Eastern Canada. The primary market covers the Atlantic Provinces, the New England region of the United States, and Bermuda. Strescon manufactures a wide range of both architectural and structural precast/prestressed concrete products; including, bridge girders, wall panels, complete parking garages, hollow-core planking, piling and deck slabs. Strescon presently has two facilities: 70,000 sq. ft. in Saint John, New Brunswick and 50,000 sq. ft. In Bedford, Nova Scotia.
In addition to our precast facilities, Strescon opened a state of the art, 32,000 sq. ft. pipe plant in 2001, manufacturing concrete products for engineered drainage systems, such as pipe, manholes and catch basins.
This position requires confidence, independent action, initiative, a sense of urgency, and the ability to make decisions and take responsibility for them. A well-suited candidate can react and adjust quickly to changing conditions and come up with practical and efficient methods for dealing with them. This job requires self-assurance and competitive drive. There is a strong demand for high quality, organized and consistent results. The responsibilities are broad in scope, encompassing a wide variety of activities requiring rapid shifts in priorities. This is primarily a task-focused job, requiring a somewhat authoritative, direct leadership style that encourages results-driven, task-oriented collaboration. Effective communication, collaboration and time management skills are essential for a project manager.
- Responsible for the overall planning and execution of multiple projects consisting of various precast/pre-stressed concrete products.
- Assists in achieving departmental goals within targeted budgets by reviewing financial status of projects and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Engage in various responsibilities from budget analysis, issuing subcontracts, scope reviews, requisitions, change management and ongoing communication to complete projects.
- Scheduling drawing submittals, hardware and delivery of material to jobsites as well as submitting monthly progress claims and approving invoices.
- Consistently meets client requirements for quality, safety, cost and schedule.
- Recognizes key issues and acts in a timely manner to expedite solutions both internally and externally.
- Provides leadership by example and positive guidance to staff, is a team player and provides contribution through constructive communication.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education (College or University) in the field of civil or mechanical engineering
- Drive, determination and a self-disciplined approach to achieving results that meet and maintain the established standards of quality and accuracy is necessary for successful job performance.
- Excellent communication skills with exceptional time management, sense of urgency, and organizational skills are required.
- Experience in the Concrete industry or project management.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel and experience reading drawings would be considered an asset.
As a member of the OSCO Construction Group, Strescon Limited offers a comprehensive compensation package including health and dental coverage, life insurance, RRSP and tax-free savings account options. Additionally, we offer educational bursaries to children of employees, health & wellness programming, celebratory events and employee sport team sponsorships.
The OSCO Construction Group was founded in 1955, with the creation of Ocean Steel & Construction Ltd., in Saint John, New Brunswick. Since that time, the OSCO Construction Group has grown to encompass four main operating sectors: Steel, Concrete, Construction and Corporate. Within these sectors lie an ever-expanding number of companies and divisions, serving a growing market area and employing over one thousand employees.
The OSCO Construction Group prides itself not just in embracing change, but in driving it. Better technology produces better products; better products produce better end results; and better end results produce satisfied customers. The OSCO Construction Group is committed to all four. We drive this change by maintaining our vision to be fast, be global and be connected. All of our sectors conduct business with integrity and fairness, ensuring that while continuously training our employees and improving our processes, we are also focusing on our customers' needs, and ensuring they are provided with top quality products and services.