Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA)
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : NBNU
ZONE : Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY : Edmundston Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT : Obstetrics
CLASSIFICATION : Registered Nurse class A (RNCA)
STATUS : Temporary full-time (approximately 1 year)
FTE : 1.0
ANTICIPATED START DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
Possibility of standby and call back
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
The perinatal nurse plays a key role with pregnant women and their loved ones during pregnancy, delivery and the postnatal period. Mother and newborn care is provided in a family-centred environment.
- Active member of the Nurses Association of New Brunswick;
- Recognized BLS course and update completed within past year ;
- High-risk pregnancy course or course completion within set time frame;
- Newborn resuscitation course or course completion within set time frame;
- Breastfeeding training or registered for the next training session;
- One year's experience delivering basic nursing care;
- Professionalism and ability to establish helping relationships;
- Interest in caring for newborns combined with superior manual dexterity;
- Patient teaching skills;
- Verbal and written communication skills;
- Sense of responsibility as well as planning and organizational skills;
- Following personal qualities: good judgment, initiative and creativity, ability to adapt to change, and leader within the care team;
- Good interpersonal relations and ability to deal with conflict situations;
- Brief description of desired position and explanation of interest in position;
- Ability to work during very busy periods and to work quickly;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French ans spoken competence in English is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.
"Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment"