Senior Procurement Specialist (CSC)
Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
Effective Supply Chain capability takes skill, talent, resolve, and the ability to think on your feet and develop solutions to unexpected challenges. When you're a company as vast and differentiated as Irving Shipbuilding, solving fresh challenges becomes the name of the game - and we're seeking multiple Procurement Specialists. Reporting to the Team Leader, or Supply Chain Manager the Procurement Specialist will apply industrial expertise, energy and strategic capabilities to deliver Best In Class performance fit for the 21st century. .
- 3 years of relevant work experience in a procurement, supply chain or engineering function
- Procurement/Supply Chain accreditation: SCMP, MCIPS or ISM would be an asset
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Strong sense of urgency to complete tasks
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail
- Previous exposure to market analytics and insights
- Excellent Microsoft Office Suite skills
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Supplier management including:
- Develop and improve supplier quality, cost, and delivery performance
- Issue POs for material
- Contract management including:
- Negotiate contracts and long term agreements
- Execution of negotiated contract through ISI's ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) & MRP (Material Resource Planning) systems.
- Integrated sourcing initiatives including :
- Develop and implement category sourcing strategies
- Analyze market conditions (ex: pricing, availability, lead-time and capacity)
- Continuous improvement including:
- Support new product introduction activities
- Apply the principles of continuous improvement to the design and development of supply chain processes
- Undertake cost analysis for direct material and services
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.