Short Haul Tractor Trailer Driver
OSCO Construction Group in Canaan, NS
MacLean's Ready Mix has been in operation since 1953 and became a proud member of the OSCO Construction Group in 2012. Based in Montague and Souris, MacLean's supplies ready-mix concrete to the eastern region of Prince Edward Island. Belonging to one of the largest ready-mix players in the Atlantic Region, OSCO Concrete also operates the largest pump fleet, in both number and size, in Atlantic Canada.
- Hauling aggregates within the Maritime provinces on a seasonal basis, as required;
- Maintaining accurate log sheets;
- Pre-trip, enroute and post-trip inspection;
- General cleaning and maintenance of truck;
- Other duties are required.
- Class 1 Drivers license with a clean driver's abstract;
- Minimum 2 years' experience driving tractor trailers;
- Experience hauling dump trailers;
- Ability to work in fast paced, deadline driven environment;
- Ability to travel for long periods of time;
- B-trains experience is a definite asset, but not essential;
- Experience operating a pay loader considered an asset.
The OSCO Construction Group was founded in 1955, with the creation of Ocean Steel & Construction Ltd., in Saint John, New Brunswick. Since that time, the OSCO Construction Group has grown to encompass four main operating sectors: Steel, Concrete, Construction and Corporate. Within these sectors lie an ever-expanding number of companies and divisions, serving a growing market area and employing over one thousand employees.
The OSCO Construction Group prides itself not just in embracing change, but in driving it. Better technology produces better products; better products produce better end results; and better end results produce satisfied customers. The OSCO Construction Group is committed to all four. We drive this change by maintaining our vision to be fast, be global and be connected. All of our sectors conduct business with integrity and fairness, ensuring that while continuously training our employees and improving our processes, we are also focusing on our customers' needs, and ensuring they are provided with top quality products and services.