Nurse Practitioner, Nephrology - Yarmouth
Req ID: 37333
Location: WesternZone,Yarmouth Regional Hospital
Department: 60045409 REN Kidney Clinic YRH
Type of Employment: PermanentHourly FT (100%FTE) x 1position(s)
Union Status: Nursing Bargaining Unit - NSNU
Posting Closing Date: 17-Aug-19
Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM on the Closing Date.
Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Nova Scotia Health Authority provides health services to Nova Scotians and some specialized services to Maritimers and Atlantic Canadians. We operate hospitals, health centres and community-based programs across the province. Our team of health professionals includes employees, doctors, researchers, learners and volunteers that provide the health care or services you may need. This is accomplished across four geographic management zones which are responsible for the operation of acute care health centres and the provision of a variety of inpatient, outpatient services including academic, tertiary, quaternary care and community based programs and services including continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions.
Reporting to the NSHA Renal Program Senior Directors, Manager Western Zone Renal Program and the Division Chief of the Service or delegate, the Nurse Practitioner coordinates and/or provides specialized health care service, as a member of a collaborative practice team, to designated Nephrology client population groups requiring focused health and illness care. The practice of the nurse practitioner includes the provision of specialized Nephrology health services, consisting of health promotion, illness and injury prevention, coordination and management of acute and emergent health problems, and education and advocacy relevant to the patient population.
The Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for: the assessment of potential home therapy candidates, coordination of preparation and ongoing follow up for home dialysis population. He/she will provide consultative services for complex care situations Yarmouth and Digby hemodialysis.
The NP also supports and promotes NSHA Renal Program's "Home First" philosophy and life planning processes.
The Nurse Practitioner is licensed in a nurse practitioner class pursuant to the regulations of the Nova Scotia College of Nursing and practices within the context of an approved collaborative practice agreement. Accountability to the Vice President Professional Practice/Chief Nursing Officer for matters relating to professional nursing practice, ethical conduct and compliance with standards is required.
- Masters of Nursing - Advanced Nursing Practice stream (including completion of 700 hours of clinical practice)
- Eligible for licensure as an Registered Nurse and as a Nurse Practitioner with the Nova Scotia College of Nursing
- Preferred CNA Certificate of Competence in Nephrology
- Eligible for adjunct appointment at Dalhousie University, School of Nursing
- 2 years of nursing experience in nephrology with home dialysis involvement preferred
- Demonstrated interpersonal and organizational skills with an emphasis on leadership, decision-making, critical thinking skills, motivation/initiative, communication skills, consultative approach and the ability to conceptualize and plan
- Demonstrated aptitude for progressive, creative and innovative thinking
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and be accountable for all actions and decisions as well as able to work in a collaborative practice environment
- Competencies in other languages preferred, French an asset
* Successful Applicants are required to provide a criminal record check (including Vulnerable Sector Search) to People Services before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must clearly state such equivalencies in their cover letter, resume, or application. Additionally, candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information.
Hours of Work
Permanent, full-time position; 75 hrs bi-weekly
$47.938 - $56.0445 hourly
($58.0062 with 25 years nursing experience).
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
Successful external applicants will be required to submit the below documents and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment. Additional documentation such as banking & proof of identity will be included in your offer letter.
- Criminal Record Check
- Proof of education & training certifications
- Proof of any additional required qualification
- Valid registration with the relevant licensing body
- Submission of immunization record along with health assessment documentation
- Proof of SIN number
Hiring Process will depend on the timeliness of delivering the above. This is a Nursing bargaining unit - NSNU position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions. Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment. Only online applications are accepted.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.
Follow us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NSHA.Recruitment/
Job Segment: Nursing, Physician, Nurse Practitioner, Public Health, Registered Nurse, Healthcare