Project Manager - SOx_NI5 Software Project
Drake International in Halifax, NS
Reference Number: PROJE30696
Date Posted: 05/07/2019
Province: Nova Scotia
Job Type: Contract
Salary Range: 100.00+
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 12 months
Emera Safety and Environment, Internal Audit/SOx, and Corporate Compliance teams are looking to procure and implement three niche software solutions to digitize their day-to-day activities. This segregated approach (compared to procuring a single solution) is a more economical way to achieve the needs of our teams while also achieving a higher level of functionality for each team.
Audit Services Scope
Implementation of a Cloud based SAAS audit workpaper management solution. Solution will be utilized by the audit teams located in Halifax, Tampa and Barbados (under 30 employees).
The solution will affect auditees and process/control owners in a minimal manner, changing how they submit evidence, addition of workflows for control owners, and the ability for executives to dashboard remediation activities. This project is being led by Emera Internal Audit, which is an Emera shared service.
Safety & Environment Solution
Implementation of a Cloud based SAAS comprehensive health and safety solution. Solution will be utilized (in some manner) by all employees of Emera and Affiliates.
This is a much broader implementation than the Audit Services Scope as it will affect all employees of Emera with coverage over all aspects of Safety & Environment. Solutions currently in use in Tampa Electric, PGS, NSPI, and New Mexico Gas will be able to be retired once full implementation is complete.
This project will have three distinct workstreams for Emera Safety and Environment, Internal Audit/SOx, and Corporate Compliance solutions.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Senior Project Manager will work under Project Delivery - Design & Delivery and be augmented with support from NSPI Business Systems Analysts, NSPI IT Architecture, NSPI IT Security, Emera affiliate business resources, external professionals and external service providers as required.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of project management throughout the project life cycle following the NSPI Portfolio and Project Management (PPM) framework.
The Senior Project Manager will have responsibility for deliverables, including (but not limited to):
- Development and management of Project Management controls
- Develop and manage overall planning, budgeting, scope management, scheduling and resourcing of projects (mostly through Microsoft Project Online)
- Provide leadership throughout all project phases
- Monitor and control key indicators and milestones throughout the delivery of the project
- Manage project communications and business expectations
- Make recommendations and take corrective action to manage issues and risks throughout the project
- Prepare status reports for project stakeholders
- Ensure all relevant commercial requirements are met including legal and procurement within scope of a project
The successful Senior Project Manager will have the demonstrated capabilities identified below, as well as experience delivering similar projects where audit, safety and corporate compliance controls via a software solution were the focus.
The successful candidate will have a positive attitude, high personal standards and be a good communicator. In addition, they should be at home in a technical environment where success is based on establishing face-to-face working relationships with stakeholders and subject matter experts.
The critical skills for this role include:
- Demonstrated Senior Project Management capabilities (leadership, influence, delegation, organization, facilitation, project planning & control)
- Experience in deployment of Enterprise class solutions (software). Audit, safety and corporate compliance controls system implementation is desirable;
- Experience managing both the business, financial and the technical aspects of a project
- Experience using MS Project 2016 (in a MS Project Server Online environment) to manage tasks, schedule and resources
- PMP certification and working knowledge of ITIL would be considered an asset
Areas of focus for this role include:
- Coordination with stakeholders from multiple business units with sometimes conflicting requirements and/or priorities
- Effective engagement with the application and database vendors in the solution development and deployment
- Management of a project team with diverse resources from multiple teams with the IT Division
The submission should include a cover letter outlining the candidate's experience for the qualifications outlined above.
Refer a Friend
Introduce your friends to Drake and we will pay you up to $500* if we place your friend in a permanent position. You can also earn $50* if we place your friend in a temporary assignment. * Please see your local branch for details. (Offer not available in the province of BC)