Under the general direction of the Arenas Operations Supervisor, this temporary entry level position involves regular inspection, general maintenance, servicing, basic repair and cleaning for the qplex facility, Quispamsis Memorial arena, and grounds. This is repetitive, heavy, manual work. Additionally includes but is not limited to, the use of small hand and power tools as well as operating specialized equipment used within the Department such as forklift and scissor lift.
- Perform varied, general labour duties and manual tasks
- Provide excellent customer service to Town facility users
- Inspect, operate, maintain and repair ice surfaces in arena plant facilities
- Inspect, operate, maintain the pool mechanical and chemical requirements
- Demonstrate carpentry, painting and/or mechanical skills
- Perform other duties as designated by supervisor necessary to the operation of the department
- A valid Class 5 driver's license or higher and a clean driving record
- Current First Aid/CPR and WHMIS Training
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis
- Demonstrated carpentry, painting and/or mechanical skills
- Ability to work independently; be innovative, resourceful and accountable
- Previous experience and working knowledge of arenas or pools considered to be an asset
- Possession of Maritime Arena Operator's Institute and/or Pool Maintenance and Operations Certification considered to be an asset
The successful applicant must have the ability to lift and work with at least fifty (50) pounds of weight. Climbing/working at heights are also involved.
Hours of Work
Rotating Days, Evenings, Nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime; subject to change due to operational requirements. Tentative end date for this position is December 31st, 2019.
Work With Us
The Town of Quispamsis
There Is No Other, evokes the uniqueness of the town's name and the pride of its 18,000 residents who call it home. This picturesque suburban community is located in southwestern New Brunswick, 22 kilometers northeast of the City of Saint John. Quispamsis is a progressive, vibrant community with many attractive residential opportunities for all types of family units. Abundant recreational areas, quality schools, places of worship, retail and professional services are all within the Kennebecasis Valley. Our vision "A forward-thinking community where families enjoy a safe, friendly and active lifestyle surrounded by a beautiful, natural environment."
Applications will only be accepted through our online application system until Wednesday August 13th 2019 at 4:30pm. Qualified applicants should submit their cover letters and resumes online:
Human Resources Department
Town of Quispamsis
Competition number: 2019-10