Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (RFT 1.0)
Position at Victorian Order of Nurses for Canada - Nova Scotia Branch
Employment Status: Permanent, Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Program: Visiting Nursing
Number of Hours Bi-weekly: 75
Work Schedule: Days, Evenings, Weekends
Union/Bargaining Unit: NSNU
On Call: No
Portability of Seniority as per NSNU Agreement
Nurses who join our team receive diverse assignments and ongoing clinical education and training opportunities. We support our employees by offering a work environment that strives to reinforce work life balance. Corporate values of respect, participation, responsiveness and courage are upheld. These positions will be of interest to nurses who value client teaching, communication, autonomy and decision-making, and find community nursing challenging and rewarding.
- Provide and manage high quality, appropriate and cost effective nursing care to all individuals and/or families in the community who are assigned to their care
- Responsible to teach and delegate tasks and functions to different levels of workers and to family members and others in accordance with the standards and scope of practice as determined by VON and the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Nova Scotia
- Comply with all standards, policies, procedures and legislative requirements
- Participate as a member of the health care team in relevant committees and working groups
- Registration with CLPNNS and a graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-directed with the ability to work independently
- High attention to detail and demonstrated effective use of problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate multiple activities
- Ability to thrive in an exceptionally fast-paced environment
- A valid NS driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Ability to speak French is an asset in French Designated areas
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required upon the start of your employment
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Hand movements.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further information and contact details.
Attention Current Employees (Internal Applicants): If you are applying to a unionized position and you are a member of its bargaining unit, please be aware that this posting may remain open beyond the deadline if there are not enough applicants to fill the position(s). If the posting remains open after the initial deadline, VON may close the posting at its' discretion or a rolling deadline equivalent to the posting period specified in your Collective Agreement will be deemed, and each successive period will be treated as a separate posting for purposes of comparing seniority between candidates.