Contract Administrator - 1 year term
Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
CONTRACTS ADMINISTRATOR - 1 year term
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
Ideal applicant will have:
- 3 - 5 years' experience in a manufacturing, construction or similar industry.
- Post-Secondary qualifications in Business, Supply Chain, Paralegal, or equivalent experience.
- Contract/Supply Chain accreditations: IACCM or CIPS would be an asset.
- A high degree of Contracts/Commercial acumen is required.
- Proficiency with MS Office 2010 (SharePoint, Word, Excel).
- Working knowledge of Contract Management Systems would be an asset.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Role and Responsibilities:
- Support the Contracts Function within the Project with the administration of customer contracts through effective commercial and correspondence administration, including milestones, claims, notices/letters and contract amendments.
- Assist with the development, maintenance and/or implementation of the Project's contract management plans and procedures.
- Report status of contract deliverables and due dates to monitor contract compliance.
- Maintain contract records including contracts, amendments, invoices and correspondence related to contracts.
- Liaise and engage with Technical and Project Management Stakeholders as well as company-wide Irving stakeholders, including the Legal Function.
- Support the commercial aspects of project phase reviews.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Please be advised that some positions have been designated as 'Safety Sensitive' where the employee holding the position has a heightened responsibility for his/her own safety or the safety of others due to the nature of the job. If this is the case, you will be informed in the interview process
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.