Electrician – Journeyperson
Electrician - Journeyperson
Are you an energetic individual with a Can Do Attitude who is passionate about achieving results and driving improvement? At Irving Tissue, makers of Royale, our culture inspires creativity, nurtures talent and creates an inclusive workplace. Our employees can thrive and grow their careers across our diverse operating divisions.
We are an organization built on more than 125 years of hard work and determination. We are looking for an Electrician - Journeyperson who is passionate about our history and is excited to be part of our future to join our Toronto (Jane and Weston) location. Starting wage of $43.126 per hour.
Terms of Employment: Full-time, Permanent role
Language of Work: English
Benefits: Flexible Health and Dental Benefits package, RRSP retirement plan, Uniform allowance, Wellness Reimbursement Policy, On-site cafeteria
- Certificate of Qualification - Industrial (or Construction) Electrician, Red Seal
- Preference given to candidates with Instrumentation License or demonstrated experience with instrumentation and controls
- Previous manufacturing experience is considered an asset
- Previous completion of an electrical apprenticeship is considered an asset
- Be able to conceive and manage small projects
- Able to work in fast paced production environment with multiple priorities
- Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Systems (CMMS) an asset
- Experience with DCS systems, control valves, calibration of instrumentation, PLC systems, AC drives, DC drives, servo drives, motion control and HMI interface (Allen-Bradley Controllogix Systems preferred)
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Team oriented
- High degree of attention to detail, precision and follow through
- Willing and able to work rotating shift
- Highly developed communications skills (verbal and written)
- Effective interpersonal skills, especially between work teams
- Strong computer skills for both automation controls and daily applications is required
- Adhere to all Site and Department Safe Practices, and ensure anyone working in their immediate area is held to those same standards
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize technical skills to execute planned maintenance and address break-in work
- Actively participate in the planning process to ensure that the right work is being completed at the right time by the right resources
- Execute work as scheduled by planners (to include PMs, inspections, rounds, etc.)
- Ensure documentation of maintenance work occurs according to Maintenance Best Practices (prep for history, work complete, critique, failure analysis, etc.)
- Documents all maintenance work (scheduled work and break-in work) and it's status in the shift logbook system and work order system
- Reviews new adds to backlog to ensure that high priority work is addressed
- Utilize computerized maintenance tools (JD Edwards) to execute jobs more effectively by providing necessary system updates and entries
- Acts as a "first responder" to address (On the Run work OTR) and assess priority
- Be involved in root cause analysis, problem solving, and troubleshooting in his or her area of responsibility
- Completes shift assessment to understand overall process health, documents findings
- Work collaboratively with other technical and operational resources
- Interface with E&I Coordinator and other maintenance leaders for coaching and direction setting
- Maintain, repair, install and test equipment as required
- Test electrical and electronic equipment and components
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial, electrical and electronic equipment.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! The initial review of applications will begin on the deadline date for applying. Applications received after the deadline may not be considered. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information on our products and services, click here.
Human Resources Manager
Mailing Address & Employment Location:
1551 Weston Road
York, ON M6M 4Y4
Irving Tissue, a division of Irving Consumer Products Ltd., is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.