Analyst, Infrastructure Run (Service Desk)
Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $975.2 billion* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (IVZ) and has about 7,000 employees in over 25 countries.
(*As of April 30, 2019)
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
Under general supervision, demonstrates technical expertise in providing first-line support to all Invesco colleagues. Responsible for communicating trends with colleagues and escalate issues to our stability team as necessary.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Uses superior customer service, troubleshooting and questioning skills to diagnose and resolve problems in a courteous and timely manner.
- Monitors outstanding issues by preparing and distributing the �open call� report. Provides suggestions on the resolution of open issues and keeps the client informed of progress.
- Makes a judgment as to the tier of client support needed and refers issue to the appropriate area for immediate resolution.
- Keeps other technology staff members informed of systems issues and trends noticed. Ensures that all information is accurate and current.
- Logs all business partner and technology services calls.
- Follow our security verification process to ensure safety and security data and access in our environment
- Keeps abreast of current developments and trends in information technology through networking, continuing education and industry/technology publications.
- Monitors computer hardware, software and environmental factors impacting the performance of the systems. Reports problems according to defined procedures.
- Participates in moving and installing technology Services equipment and software.
- Participate in troubleshooting efforts with support personnel on factors impacting production systems.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- We are seeking individuals with 2+ years' experience supporting clients in a LAN/WAN environment.
- Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office product support knowledge is preferred.
- Customer support experience within a dedicated call center environment
- Candidates must also demonstrate evidence of accomplishing high levels of customer service
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate over the phone with a variety of individuals at all technical levels are required.
- Must possess a solid understanding of PC hardware and software, including, proficiency in Microsoft Applications, and Microsoft Operating Systems.
- Must have exceptional ability in diagnosing and solving information systems problems while maintaining patience, professionalism and courtesy.
- Must have the ability to establish priorities, meet deadlines and concentrate on detailed information in a fast-paced, demanding work environment.
- The ability to cooperate in a team environment is critical.
- Knowledge of network monitoring tools.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Systems or Computer Science is preferred
- MSCE certificate is preferred
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.