Team Leader, Infrastructure Run
Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $888.2 billion* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (IVZ) and has about 7,000 employees in over 20 countries.
(*As of December 31, 2018)
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
To supervise the Technology Support Services (TSS) desktop support team and environment within respective location(s), ensuring the smooth running of all day to day activities and that the highest levels of service and support are maintained at all times.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Ensure that the ongoing operational needs of the team are matched by appropriate staff development
- Undertake all associated people management activities to ensure that reports have effective client focus, including training, performance management reviews, recruitment interviewing, etc.
- Assist the Technology Support Services Sr Manager and other leadership with problem management, investigation and analysis of statistics and reports, looking for trends and problem areas within the business to improve level of service
- Work closely with the business support analysts to ensure that all business critical issues are escalated promptly to ensure that service level agreements and escalation procedures are met within agreed deadlines
- Act as the lead coordinator for all TSS enquiries relating to assigned project activity
- Regularly review and maintain Gold Stock and other inventory; accountable for ensuring the integrity if the inventory and asset management data for site(s) in remit
- Assist with the training, development and on site coordination of Business Recovery program. This includes ensuring that all documentation and procedural repositories are up to date
- Represent site(s) on the Support Services Forum
- When asked, lead initiatives with global visiblility
- Work in association with the Team Leader Essentials Document
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- Specialist experience in a desktop support role gained in a highly pressurized, fast-paced yet flexible environment
- 5+ years experience in a desktop support role or equivalent technical role, one of which must be in a role with leadership responsibilities, leading global initiatives
- Previous experience in a Financial Services, highly pressured environment, essential
- Up to date knowledge of the technologies, equipment and software appropriate to the business, including Windows and MAC operating systems, Smart tables and other devices, Microsoft
- Applications and Network Fundamentals
- Proven track record of success coupled with proven knowledge of industry best practice for Technology, Desktop and Service Delivery
- Knowledge of ITIL V3 Foundation
- Self motivated, enthusiastic, approachable and people orientated
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Ability to demonstrate strong, dynamic leadership skills
- Be able to demonstrate commitment to exceptional business partner customer service
- Must have ability to diagnose and solve problems while maintaining professionalism and courtesy
- Be able to work with minimal supervision while adhering to Invesco technical and operational procedures and policies
- The necessary interpersonal skills to effectively interact and communicate throughout the organisation with individuals of varying technical abilities
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to understand and converse in English
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- MCSE grade or equivalent experience
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. If selected for an interview, we will work with you to ensure that your interview is accessible and accommodation is provided. Please contact us at email@example.com or 1.800.874.6275 to let us know if you require accommodation for an interview due to a disability.