Advanced Analyst, Engineering Run (SQL Data Warehousing)
Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $888.2 billion* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (IVZ) and has about 7,000 employees in over 20 countries.
(*As of December 31, 2018)
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
The primary role of this position is to provide technical support to Reporting & Data Delivery related applications Oracle BI (OBIEE), Content Welder (proprietary tool for producing factsheets, client books etc.), Investments & Sales Data Warehouses and corresponding ETL processes. The responsibilities include developing system enhancements on these applications. This person must possess strong technical, communication, collaboration, critical thinking and inter-personal skills.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Resolve Production support Incidents by technical troubleshooting and involve other support staff and business as needed.
- Escalate issues and remediation steps effectively and in a timely manner.
- Provide client support for on call, after hours, weekends, and public holidays when required.
- Provide technical support for projects and existing systems in cooperation with other team members including issue identification, log review, job flow dependencies and resolution.
- Perform root cause analysis for recurring issues and Major Incidents
- Ensure all solutions are accompanied by appropriate system documentation that meets internal standards.
- Develop small changes/enhancements (Effort
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience working in an Information Technology environment.
- 1 to 2 years in Production/Operations Support
- Hands-on experience on SQL is required
- Either hands-on experience or a strong desire to learn Informatica ETL and OBIEE are required.
- Experience with software development lifecycle preferred.
- Experience working in the financial services industry is preferred.
- A plus if experienced with ITIL, Agile or Lean principles.
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Must have exceptional ability in diagnosing and solving information system problems while maintaining professionalism and courtesy.
- Ability to execute on deliverables, establish priorities, meet deadlines, and concentrate on detailed information in a fast-paced, demanding work environment.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively interact and communicate in person, over the phone, via teleconference and via email throughout the organization with a variety of individuals at all technical levels is required.
- Must be able to execute assignments with moderate direction.
- Strong Work ethic is required.
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Bachelor degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, or related field is preferred or commensurate relevant work experience.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. If selected for an interview, we will work with you to ensure that your interview is accessible and accommodation is provided. Please contact us at email@example.com or 1.800.874.6275 to let us know if you require accommodation for an interview due to a disability.