Human Resources and Occupational Health & Safety Coordinator
Atlantic Aqua Farms, owned by the Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan, is a large scale mussel and oyster aquaculture company operating two food processing facilities, shellfish farming sites and shore base operations across Prince Edward Island and a sales & distribution facility in Maine, USA. For over 30 years, Atlantic Aqua Farms has set the highest standard of quality in the North American mussel industry and are expanding into oyster farming. We place a high value on providing a positive working environment that ensures our employees are respected and challenged on a daily basis. We are currently looking for a Human Resources and Occupational Health & Safety Coordinator to join our team.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following key responsibilities:
- Assist in the recruitment process and lead onboarding of new staff members
- Assist in the administration of employee benefits and savings plans
- Implement and plan for employee vacation allocation, along with managing leaves and attendance variances
- Lead and assist in the development and implementation of corporate wide human resources methods, policies and/or procedures and projects
- Administer current corporate wide human resources methods, policies and or procedures to the corporate function and provide HR field support
- Research and Develop internal HR communications as required
- Research and participate in projects as identified by senior management
- Work with Occupational Health & Safety Committees to assist in the development of Health & Safety programs/processes and ensure compliance
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in a related field or equivalent
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation is a definite asset
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive Human Resources experience required
- Ability to perform well in high pressure situations with the drive to assist in the creation and implementation of new company policies and procedures
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to perform various projects concurrently
- Practical, detail-oriented, and process-minded
- Strong communication and computer skills
- Ability to travel (valid passport)
We are a growing company looking for an individual with a strong desire to succeed and grow with our organization. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
To apply for the position send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com or fax to 902-651-2513 Attn: Josie Jackson. Closing date for applications is July 19, 2019. Only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.