Manager, Project Controls CSC
Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
MANAGER, PROJECT CONTROLS CSC
Irving Shipbuilding Inc., located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defence.
Responsible to the Deputy Project Director, the purpose of this role is to manage the Project Controls team, ensuring that the relevant processes are carried out accurately and in a timely manner according to the project drumbeat. This will require maintaining effective management processes through a process of review and improvement.
A comprehensive understanding of the way the specific processes interact as part of a Project Controls System will be required.
The aim of the resulting outputs is to assess project performance, enabling the relevant Project Managers and technical leads to focus on the key issues, threats or opportunities, and make appropriate management decisions. Project Controls outputs need to be provided with associated commentary as to the possible performance drivers, and further support provided where additional investigation based on the data is required.
The role includes interaction with the customer and the design subcontractor, to ensure alignment of information.
The processes are, in the main:
- Customer or internal reporting, in accordance with the defined drumbeat.
- Project Risk Management
- Baseline change control
- Tracking of deliverables and actions
- Financial management, in co-operation with the project finance roles.
- Resource management
- High level planning activities, until a full planning system and associated resource is in place.
- Effective communication of performance data to the ISI team (visualisation)
- Toolset development as required for the above processes
- Requires little direction once tasked
- Proactive approach to Project Control System development
- Attention to detail / understanding of impacts on the total system
Qualifications & Experience:
- Post-Secondary education required
- Experience in the following:
- Maritime, defense, shipyard, or other equivalent Engineering environment.
- Excellent personal time management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary commensurate with the experience of the Candidate and benefits package including but not limited to medical, dental and vision.
For more information please contact Kristen Drapeau at: email@example.com
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.