Materials Technician - Soils and Materials
Founded in Quebec more than 50 years ago, Englobe is one of the largest soils,materials and environment organizations in Canada. Englobe is distinguished by the credibility it has built upover the years and its people-centred values. Its 1,800 employees providerecognized expertise to a long roster of clients across Canada and abroad. TheEnglobe name is a guarantee of quality.
Englobe is currently looking for Lab - Field Technicians tojoin it's Toronto (ON) office. Reporting to the Team Leader, the chosencandidates will carry out testing of soil, asphalt, and concrete onconstruction sites for urban land development, municipal infrastructure, andbuilding construction. Opportunities to learn and conduct more complex geotechnicaland materials inspections will become available as experience isgained. Carrying and use of test equipment involves some effort of aphysical nature. Training will be provided in on-site safety, testingprocedures, and use of equipment. There will be some opportunities towork overtime, if desired.
- Conducting on-site testing of soil compaction, asphaltcompaction, and concrete properties;
- Preparation of field reports documenting equipment used,test locations, and results;
- Attending regular staff meetings (potentially after-hours);
- Assist with laboratory testing as needed;
- Assist with equipment calibration and building maintenanceas needed; and,
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Technical Diploma in a field related to Civil Engineering;
- More than 2 years of experience in highway materials,construction materials sampling and testing and inspection, and associationregistration;
- CSA or ACI certification (asset);
- Must have a valid Ontario G Driver's Licence.
Englobe Corp. adheres to employment equity and equal opportunity programs and encourages all women, visible minorities, Aboriginals and disabled persons to apply. Only selected candidates will be contacted.