Moncton, New Brunswick
Reference # HL-13153
Are you an accounting professional with interest and experience in financial analysis? Our client, Armour Transportation Systems, is one of Canada's leading transportation and logistics services companies and has been a Platinum Winner of Deloitte's Best Managed Companies. They are looking for a Financial Analyst to join their Finance & Accounting team in Moncton, New Brunswick.
Reporting to the Senior Financial Analyst, the Financial Analyst will be responsible for the accurate and timely collection, recording and monitoring of financial information as well as determining cost trends and recommending actions. The role will also support the Accounting team and manage various cost analyses.
Responsibilities will include:
- Collect, analyze, and manage quantitative data and create meaningful reports to support business improvements and cost reductions
- Validate source data and determine best methods for data gathering and verification
- Leverage operational data to enhance financial reporting and analysis
- Compare financial results with benchmarks to identify financial trends
- Manage various cost analyses to support cross functional decisions
- Support development of budgets and forecasts
- Support accounting team with period end and yearend financial statement close including balance sheet reconciliations, journal entries, and expense reviews
- Identify productivity enhancements within finance processes
- Protect operations by keeping financial information confidential
The ideal candidate will have:
- University degree in finance, economics, or accounting
- Minimum 3 years of business, finance or other relevant experience
- Strong analytical and data gathering skills
- Ability to create financial models for decision support
- Strong fluency in Excel formulas and functions
- Comfort dealing with ambiguity and the ability to work independently
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Thrives in a team environment
- Good business acumen
- Crystal report and SQL skills would be an asset
- Transportation and logistics experience would be an asset
If this sounds like you, apply now!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking:
For more information contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Sara Morey, Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org.