Senior Combat Systems Engineer
Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
SENIOR COMBAT SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Irving Shipbuilding Inc., located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense.
This position will be responsible for the effective management of the software interfaces to the Integrated Cyber Defence, Data Collection System and communications systems on the Canadian Surface combatant (CSC). Working as part of the Combat Team under Information Warfare, the role will work with ISI, Canada and subcontractors during design, development, production, integration, set to work and testing of the following elements:
- Overall CSC software, network, storage architecture;
- Cyber Defence System;
- Ship-wide data collection system;
- Internal and external communications systems;
- Platform management systems;
- Combat systems;
- DND DWAN and CSNI networks;
- Land-based test facility;
- Shore-based services at home and abroad.
This position will participate in the CSC Integrated Product Team (IPT) and oversee subordinate CS IPT's in the development of the combat and platform systems interfaces into the CSC Information Warfare architecture. This role will report to the Team Lead, Naval Information Systems and Services (NavISS).
- Develop plans, processes and procedures as required in support of program requirements
- Coordinate the scheduling, planning and conduct of assigned integration activities in support of program milestones
- Define the requirements for, and plan the development of, a land-based NavISS systems integration and testing environment
- Ensure all NavISS Elements are identified, defined and approved
- Provide accurate status reports on assigned integration activities to the management team
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Provide support in evaluating engineering change presented by the subcontractors to ensure impacts to integration activities are understood and recorded
- Support a culture of teamwork, enthusiasm and a proactive nature within the Combat Systems Engineering team
- Be a role model for professional behavior
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant post-secondary education- Technology or Engineering degree
- A minimum of seven years' experience in the following fields:
- Engineering on large and complex defence engineering projects
- Coordination with multiple complex organizations
- Understanding and experience working with security certification authorities for military systems
- Extensive knowledge on the design, integration, installation and test of Naval Radar and Sensor Systems
- Understanding of relational databases (MS SQL, Oracle, MySQL)
- Knowledge of complex systems integration
- Experience in engineering for Naval platforms
- Understanding of ship construction
- Experience in the installation and integration of hardware and software systems aboard Naval Platforms
- Experience working in design, production and / or test on a ship construction program
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary commensurate with the experience of the Candidate and benefits package including but not limited to medical, dental and vision. Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary commensurate with the experience of the Candidate and benefits package including but not limited to medical, dental and vision.
For further details, please contact Krista Shah at: email@example.com.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please be advised that some positions have been designated as 'Safety Sensitive' where the employee holding the position has a heightened responsibility for his/her own safety or the safety of others due to the nature of the job. If this is the case, you will be informed in the interview process
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.