Who We Are
Who We Are
Vale is one of the world's largest mining companies, with a presence in more than 30 countries across five continents worldwide. Our mission is to transform natural resources into prosperity and sustainable development.
Vale is also the world's second largest producer of nickel, with its Base Metals business headquartered in Toronto. Operating in Canada for more than 100 years, our Canadian operations also produce copper, cobalt, platinum group metals, gold and silver. We aim to produce profitably but only as a safe, high-quality and sustainable mining company where our most important value is "life matters most".
Vale's operations in Sudbury are home to one of the largest integrated mining complexes in the world, including five mines, a mill, a smelter and a refinery. It is also one of the safest, with the mines being awarded the national John T. Ryan award in several recent consecutive years. Sudbury is also the heart of Vale's environmental initiatives. In partnership with the community, Sudbury has made great strides in its environmental recovery program and through improved mining practices and support in the re-greening of the region. For these and other efforts globally, in 2013 Vale was named one of the 50 most sustainable corporations in the world, according to the 9th edition of the Global 100 list of the world's most sustainable corporations.
Our Sudbury Operations is currently seeking:
The ideal candidate will be working with all electrical aspects of the operation in one of Vale's mines or surface plants. The individual will have the capability to work shift work with minimal supervision, outdoors and at elevations.
- Operate and maintain plant facilities and equipment, safely and efficiently.
- Follow established Company Health, Safety, and Environment policies and procedures.
- Respond to emergency situations as required.
- Report deviations to established procedures.
- Document work performed.
- Install, test, troubleshoot, diagnose, repair, and maintain all types of mining and processing equipment.
The ideal candidate will have an Inter-Provincial Red Seal (Certificate of Qualification) as an Industrial Electrician 442A or Construction and Maintenance Electrician 309A.
- The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 4 years of trade experience (apprenticeship included).
- Under the direction of the Electrical Supervisor, the successful candidate must be experienced in all aspects of the electrical trade.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of Ontario Electrical Safety Code, Occupational Health and Safety Act, and all other applicable legislation required.
- A valid Class G driver's License required.
- Ability to read electrical prints and safely troubleshoot electrical circuits required.
- Strong mechanical background would be an asset.
- Experience with troubleshooting PLC's, high voltage cable splicing and the set-up of various electrical devices is a definite asset.
Vale is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, accommodation is available throughout our recruitment process for applicants with disabilities.