Are you focused on designing, implementing and executing automated tests? Are you able to deliver user stories within an agile environment? If this is you, read on!
About the role
As a QA Automation Developer, you will work closely with team members to collectively deliver business value. You will perform automated testing within an iterative agile environment.
What you'll be doing
- Work closely with team members to collectively deliver business value.
- Assess and advise on the testability of a user story including considerations for manual testing, automated testing, and the potential dependence between user stories. Maximize the use of automated testing wherever possible.
- Scope and estimate the testing effort for user stories.
- Perform automated testing within an iterative agile environment.
- Design, develop and execute automated tests.
- Communicate defects and verify fixes within each increment.
- Define, collect and report quality and testing metrics.
- Participate in the definition and operation of test environments and tool chains to support continuous testing.
- Participate in all agile ceremonies (stand-ups, planning, backlog refinement, reviews, retrospectives) ensuring QA and testing is continual represented and effectively incorporated into all aspects of the project.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in CS, CIS, MIS, related software engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
- At least three (4) years of real-world automated test experience in Java including but not limited to knowledge and experience with:
- Java versions and features
- Data structures and algorithms in Java
- Object oriented design
- Enterprise design patterns
- Automated testing frameworks and tools
- Experience with each of the following:
- Java IDEs such as IntelliJ or Eclipse
- SQL based tools such as SQL Developer or TOAD
- Source control tools such as Git or SVN
- Real-world experience in Unix, shell script, command line.
- Experience in real world test automation in the web and mobile environments.
- Knowledge, skills and experience in automating test cases considering test-driven development, behaviour-driven development, acceptance test-driven development.
- Design test plans, perform testing, and debug problems.
- Great interpersonal skills with clarity in expression.
- Result oriented and positive attitude.
- High quality first mindset, intolerance to any imperfections.
- Good analytical capabilities to evaluate test results.
- Understand the user stories and their acceptance criteria.
- Respond to change without impacting the business.
- Constantly upgrading your skills with new tools and techniques.
- Experience in healthcare IT (understand domain, workflows and terminology).
- Experience using Cucumber and Gherkin for testing.
- Experience using Python/Pytest.
- Knowledge and experience in relational database queries and SQL.
- Knowledge and experience in backend automation test frameworks.
A little bit about us
At Accreon, Inc., we're using leading-edge technologies to provide our clients with top-level solutions. Our services range from full system development to managing complex hosted infrastructures in the cloud. We work with a diverse range of public and private sector interests.
We are strongly committed to creating a positive working environment for our employees, and we strive to give them opportunities to broaden their experience and constantly acquire leading-edge industry skills.
Become part of a unique culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, make decisions, achieve your full potential, and to chart your own career.
Work with Us
The Accreon, Inc. culture is one that promotes a healthy work/life balance. Our team of dynamic individuals are passionate about our community at home and abroad.
Some of our perks
- Competitive salary
- Bonus plan
- Excellent health benefits and RRSP package
- Flexible vacation plan
- Training, certification and mentorship to ensure you're constantly learning
- Casual team environment with Friday Happy Hour.
- and many other perks
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, Accreon is at the center of this change - supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At Accreon, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals' benefit from the value we collectively create.
Come join our team!
Learn more about Accreon at www.accreon.com
Accreon thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Accreon is firmly committed to ensuring a positive and professional working environment in which all people are treated with dignity and respect. We aim to provide a fair and consistent method for filling job openings in support of equality of opportunity and cultural diversity within the company.