Clinical Nurse Specialist
COMPETITION NUMBER: EM18757
CLASSIFICATION NAME: Registered Nurse Class C
POSITION TITLE: Clinical Nurse Specialist
CLASSIFICATION CODE: RNCC
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
UNIT LOCATION: Location to be discussed
STATUS: Part Time Permanent
FULL TIME EQUIVALENT: 0.5
HOURS OF WORK: 0800hr to 1600hr Monday to Friday. Subject to change due to operational requirements.
ANTICIPATED START DATE: July 15th, 2019
ANTICIPATED END DATE: Not applicable
SALARY RANGE: As per collective agreement
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT: Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
CLOSING DATE: July 4th, 2019
Working in collaboration with the Directors, Managers and the Medical Advisor for the Extra-Mural Program, the Clinical Nurse Specialist will provide program development, evaluation, education, research and leadership based on the dynamic needs of the community and the EMP health care providers. The Clinical Nurse Specialist will promote and facilitate the optimal development of EMP services in accordance with administrative policies and the EMP Provincial Clinical Policies and Procedures.
- Demonstrates advanced practice through the reflective application of theoretical knowledge and clinical expertise.
- In collaboration with the interdisciplinary team, this position is focused on complex patient/client/practice and contributes to the evolution of standards of practice for all EMP disciplines in a community setting and develops competency tools which address professional, ethical, and legal issues.
- Collaborates with a variety of stakeholders (patients, families, EMP leadership, health care professionals and community groups) in the identification of mutual needs and/or concerns.
- Builds links with local community agencies and other centres of excellence to create possibilities for the advancement of EMP and responds to requests for information.
- Acts as a resource to managers in, development of EMP staff and EMP practices.
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team and managers in the development of educational opportunities for patients and EMP health care professionals
- Networks regionally, provincially, and nationally with other providers of health education and related programs.
- Collaborates in the development and maintenance of professional clinical skills.
- Models critical thinking, performs data analysis, and promotes systematic inquiry related to clinical practice.
- Gathers research and evidence-based best practices and interprets for home health care practice to utilize for decision making and clinical practice changes.
- Promotes dissemination of evidence-based best practice to support EMP staff with optimal clinical practice.
- Participates (or takes a leadership role) in research initiatives, projects, or investigations that impact patient care and clinical practice in the community.
- Explores opportunities for the future development of EMP.
- Assists in the development of policies
- Participates within the Continuous Quality Improvement structure in measuring the effectiveness of the program and current/future initiatives for quality improvement.
- Participates in professional activities and demonstrates professional contributions through publications and presentations.
- Acts as a role model, mentor, resource and change agent for the optimal development of EMP services and staff practice.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Master's degree in nursing and sound knowledge of community health issues;
- Must be registered (active) or ability to register with the Nurses Association of New Brunswick;
- A minimum of five years of current, comprehensive clinical experience including a minimum of 1-2 years in a community setting;
- Canadian Nursing Association certification in a specialty area related to community health is an asset;
- Demonstrated ability to provide education programs using exceptional interpersonal, leadership, and teaching skills;
- Demonstrated ability to participate in research and project management;
- Objective and self-directed, with a demonstrated practice that applies evidence-based and best practice knowledge to clinical situations;
- Knowledge of the target population of EMP and available community resources;
- Must have a valid New Brunswick Class 5 Driver's License and good driving record (proof required);
- Submit a valid and clean criminal record check;
- Have a current CPR Level C certification that has been issued in the last 12 months;
- Demonstrated strong competency in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Power Point) as well as confidence in computer use.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work efficiently as a member of the team and possess leadership and coaching skills, strong interpersonal skills, good judgment and decision making skills;
- Must demonstrate capacity to work independently
- Must have a good attendance record;
- Must have a high regard for confidentiality; and
- Must have excellent work habits and have a professional behaviours.
If you are interested in working with a dynamic team of professionals and possess the necessary qualifications, please click here to apply.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
EM/ANB Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.